Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a barber please

Options
  • 27-04-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

My barber closed down so I need a new one. Any suggestions for a decent spot? I don't want to get scalped. 10 euro kind of price range. Somewhere in the city centre please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250746

I found this. It's over your price range but I thought I'd share it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

CBFi wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250746

I found this. It's over your price range but I thought I'd share it with you.

I'm looking for suggestion for a barber as my usual barbers has gone out of business.

I'm not sure if you're taking the p!ss here but I'm looking for a regular hair cut, not fashion-tips from a bunch of teenage ponces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I forget the name
    There is a place on Amiens St, right under the railway bridge

Proper old-skool place and he has lots of black and white photos on the wall so you can see local streets and how they looked decades ago.

Would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

You can't go too far wrong with the Trinity Barber on Trinity Street, just off Dame Street, the Merchant Barber just on the corner where you walk into Temple Bar through Merchant's Arch or The Regent Barber on Lower Fownes Street, the other side of Temple Bar Square. All decent short back and sides places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

babar.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Went to a barber across the street from McTurtles, 15 bucks. Rip off.

Is the recession affecting any business or is it just us mugs paying 15 for a haircut and 5 for a pint?

I would spend an hour and 10 euro on travel for a 5 euro haircut for principles sake.

Anywhere in town for less than 10 euro?

Went to get a suit pressed today, 15 euro... it's insane...

It's almost as if business' are rasing prices / maintaining boom time prices to compensate for loss of business instead of lowering prices to encourage prices.

Wow, sorry for rant! :D

Advertisement