Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barmen in the city centre

• 27-04-2011 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Shortchanging/Stealing from punters.

Seems to be a epidemic of this behaviour going on at the minute. Was attempted on me twice yesterday. Spoke to a couple of friends and a similar thing happened to them.

Seems like more than "innocent mistakes", funny enough have yet to be given more change than I was due.

Do barmen think they can fleece the drunken reveller

Comments

I think you're missing half a post there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think you're missing half a post there

cheers babes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Eagerly awaiting Bluewolf's "Don't call me babe" reply :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any city in particular or do we need to be on the lookout in all of them?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Happens everywhere, I think.

"Sorry can I get my change? I gave you a €20"
    "No, you gave me a ten"
    "I didnt, two bottles €5 each, I was due €10 back, and I dont have a receipt"
    "Receipt! Who said anthin bout a receipt!" (shouting)
    "Sorry but I'm owed €10"
    "I'll check the till" (makes show of counting notes onto the bar)
    "You're a liar!" (crumples up €10 and throws in my face)
    "DONT CALL ME A LIAR YOU F*****G P***K" (accusations of dishonesty set me off)
    (bouncer rushes over only to be waved away by barman)

All resolved amicably with apologies all round, the fact that I didnt get dragged outside by the bouncers (or even barred) indicated to me that the barman was trying to pocket the money and didnt want a scene, I hadnt even had a drink at that point, most people were in the horrors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any city in particular or do we need to be on the lookout in all of them?

Most barmen in town empty the contents of the trays under the taps into pint glasses near the end of the night and start offloading them on the drunkest customers, then keep their money rather than charge it to the til, they're making a fortune off it. Scum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

how do they do that without anyone noticing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Most barmen?

You just got banned from After Hours for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

dublin city maybe. not a GC thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement