Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Hook on why he hates gaming !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I think people's time would be better served reading and understanding more important things like astronomy or evolution. You will get more return for your time spent.

So you're just not into fiction at all then? As opposed to just not getting the craic with video games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I think people's time would be better served reading and understanding more important things like astronomy or evolution. You will get more return for your time spent.

Except most people don't have an interest in astronomy or evolution, so why would we do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

mmmmmm why are you in the games thread then :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Desire. wrote: »
    Except most people don't have an interest in astronomy or evolution, so why would we do that?

Because if you did start showing an interest, you would find that your gaming time would reduced to nothing. You'd never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Each to their own I guess. I don't know why you're attempting a debate in the GAMES FORUM to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I don't think people should listen to Radiohead, or bother going to something like Glastonbury 3 times... I think people's time (your time, for example, Walrus) would be better served reading and understanding more important things like astronomy or evolution. You will get more return for your time spent.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Each to their own I guess. I don't know why you're attempting a debate in the GAMES FORUM to be honest.

I want gamer's opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Because if you did start showing an interest, you would find that your gaming time would reduced to nothing. You'd never look back.

You should play games instead of reading about all that silly childish nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That_Guy wrote: »

Unfortunately, it's not a debate. Just comments looking to get a reaction.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sin_J

I played Spore, i understand evolution :P

• Advertisement

I want gamer's opinions.

I want half baked ben and jerrys ice cream but its not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I want gamer's opinions.

Games are just one of the many things I enjoy mate. Not a crime or doing any harm to myself or others.

As I've said, each to their own you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

why cant you do both? should everyone drop all interests such a movies, music and sports in order to read up on more "worthwhile" stuff? nothing wrong with educating yourself on how the universe works at all, its fascinating stuff, but its ridiculous to think you could be doing that instead of something you enjoy.

people have been reading up on evolution for decades and they still havent figured it out btw

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Tell me would you post this statement in the soccer forum or the GAA fourm or for that matter any forum where a person watches sport, or wastes time as you put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's not a debate. Just comments looking to get a reaction.

Ding Ding Ding.

We are but football pundits (Giles, Dunphy and Brady) reacting to the pot-stirring Bill.

It doesn't seem that Hook is going to hate on games at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I have an interest in both and they both make me face my mortality and that just makes me angry thinking of all the awesome games ill miss in 2050 2060 ;) so i play even more now.

ah its not playing!! Stupid computer. Wished I had read more books, I might be able to resolve this dilemma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

she looks like a robot when shes talking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It doesn't seem that Hook is going to hate on games at all.

That's because he's too busy posting on here calling himself something about a walrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

"George Hook is now following you on Twitter"

GODDAMNIT

deathrider wrote: »
    That's because he's too busy posting on here calling himself something about a walrus.

They guy that was going on about Pro Evo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I want half baked ben and jerrys ice cream but its not gonna happen.

Oh, that's back!! I spotted it recently. My favourite Ice-cream, which was off the shelves for 4/5 years, has returned. Preferred the old packaging though. :pac:

Healium wrote: »
    "George Hook is now following you on Twitter"

GODDAMNIT

I was delighted to get that message I have to say :) It was completely unrelated to this matter though. I'm prob going to get a Twitter restraining order after all my tweets today!

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I've often wondered about people who don't eventually grow out of gaming.
    I've often wondered about people who don't eventually grow out of trolling forums...

Oh, that's back!! I spotted it recently. My favourite Ice-cream, which was off the shelves for 4/5 years, has returned. Preferred the old packaging though. :pac:

no f*cking way man!!!!!!!!!! nicest ice cream on the planet! i even bough cookie dough and chocolate ice cream to mix together to re-create but didn't come close. I would apologise for jacking this thread to ask more info on it but it's already well gone off course! Where did u see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

76% of women play playstation? lol George.

I have come to the conclusion the gaming community do not appreciate opposing opinions. In science, they are a fundamental part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm already writing up a PhD thesis on highly fluorescent surface active novel ruthenium complexes and fluorescence cell imaging. When I leave the library at 9 pm tonight I'll play a game as escapism. You know perhaps I'll play a game like Silent Hill 2 that explores the mind of someone who is wracked with guilt or something just as narratively deep. More stimulating than X-Factor anyway.

Advertisement