Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Hook on why he hates gaming !

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have come to the conclusion the gaming community do not appreciate opposing opinions. In science, they are a fundamental part.

I've come to the conslusion that people that don't see a point in videogames are ignorant of the subject and haven't played games sugnificantly and without a closed mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I have come to the conclusion the gaming community do not appreciate opposing opinions. In science, they are a fundamental part.

Good conclusion. As a scientifiic experiment, your sample size was perfectly representative of the 77m Playstation owners plus all the other gamers. Nobel prize on the way ;)

Nice try though

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If we stick a gold start on your forhead wud ya fuk off?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

george hook playing bejewelled - cross that off the bucket list george.

Popcap marketing girl sounds hot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

George Hook seems to be outnumbered by two people that know what they are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

You talk about it like it's something to be proved or disproved either way. It's fun, a challenge etc. Nobody goes around trying to validate watching films so I don't see why games should be any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

She is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    George Hook seems to be outnumbered by two people that know what they are talking about.

Really wish I could hear this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OH FFS "French people like to be snipers" seriously where TF does he get his info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I would put it in the same category as playing with teddy bears or barbie and ken. Just more technically advanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

He is more interested in trying to be funny than explaining the concept of a game to George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

This is not what I was expecting.

Dcully wrote: »
    OH FFS "French people like to be snipers" seriously where TF does he get his info?

He did say to use national stereotypes as an example. I think he was trying to say "cowardly" people can succeed in FPS's whilst jock-idiots (Americans in his example) will fail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would put it in the same category as playing with teddy bears or barbie and ken. Just more technically advanced.

Of course you would. Trolling wouldn't work if you produced an insightful and informed view point, would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

<insert Ken Masters joke here>

I think George wants to play Company of Heroes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

"I just go on facebook to send insulting messages to people because im an adult "

the game he should get is ruse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I actually don't feel angry :) Just seems to be the basics of explaining stuff to George....which I'm ok with.

Cathy holding her own and has a good base of knowledge and stats to work from.

And as I say that...he's bringing up the Second Life (and better life) experience.

🤪

What Dcully said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Dcully wrote: »
    I think George wants to play Company of Heroes :D

Or Ruse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Oh Cathy, you had me at hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

"reality computer house" wtf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

George hook in a few years:

"Ive fallen in love... with a gorgeous girl in a computer game"

Shakes hands...

Fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

17:20 - "With this getting so realistic will gamers fall in love with a stepford wife in a computer game"

good job George - turn up the "im an ill-informed old grouch" notch to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I was expecting a more hands-on debate of gaming.

This seems more like a friendly chat :confused:

My friends in games journalism tell me the Popcap girl games are more gorgeous than they sound on the radio.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Korvanica wrote: »
    George hook in a few years:

"Ive fallen in love... with a gorgeous girl in a computer game"

Shakes hands...

Fabulous!
    George evidently took the blue pill, he's in the matrix now!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I was expecting a more hands-on debate of gaming.

This seems more like a friendly chat :confused:

Yeah but at least it's very objective. George seems more interested than condescending. It's going on the the games industry in Ireland which is an important issue because with tax breaks not being given in the UK it's the perfect oppurtunity to poach some talent and industry for the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

****ing solitaire? As usual a **** piece on gaming.

• Advertisement

LOL i can see George getting sacked for failing to turn into Newstalk because he was up playing world of warcraft all night - he seems to be getting into it :D

Advertisement