Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Hook on why he hates gaming !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I hate that guy...John Dildo or whatever his name is...

"Ill tutor you on wasting your life"

idiot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Hercule wrote: »
    Popcap marketing girl sounds hot

which one is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My friends in games journalism tell me the Popcap girl games are more gorgeous than they sound on the radio.

Could see her on their live stream.

I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Surprisingly balanced piece. He's clearly someone who's approaching the whole thing from a position on ignorance but was fair and willing to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its annoying when they have nice well balanced debates with people who know what they are on about. Bring back Joe Duffy !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Good job Cathy

Wasn't impressed with Moynes all in all.

Someone should send Hook some WW2 strategy games :)

My friends in games journalism tell me the Popcap girl games are more gorgeous than they sound on the radio.

everyone who works at popcap is a gem, on both sides of the pond. they helpful to the point of ridiculousness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yeah but at least it's very objective. George seems more interested than condescending. It's going on the the games industry in Ireland which is an important issue because with tax breaks not being given in the UK it's the perfect oppurtunity to poach some talent and industry for the economy.

Agreed. It was a relatively positive piece.

unfortunately, UK companies are being given their tax breaks: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12829815

Story broke the same week I was writing an assignment on Ireland's suitability as a gaming development hub...and how we could capitalise with the UK not giving breaks :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

that was painless, for real gamers tbh - well done irreverant gamer guy with your unusual jibes about communism.

as usual some sensationalist asshat texts in ranting about ppl (one person) in korea neglecting children (a child) to play a game - of course its the games fault - nothing to do with the fact the parent is an absolute nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That kinda sounded like when I used to explain games to my dad, and all he could really grasp was the fact that Mario was a plumber. Luckily the chick in that debate with George was cute enough to keep me entertained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

That was actually quite nice. No condescending tone and some informed opinions given in a nice jovial tone. Good job! Plus the unintentional comedy: "I played this great game, what was it? Hearts! Have you played Hearts John?"

For someone who doesn't play games he did a good job of staying objective :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hehe, that was pretty tame but hopefully George learned a thing or two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

In fairness, George was alot more open to listen than many others have been when bringing up the subject of gaming.

Expect to see George online, soon :pac:

xXGeorgeHooksCockXx has killed you

xXGeorgeHooksCockXx: PWNED n00b!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Dcully wrote: »
    LOL i can see George getting sacked for failing to turn into Newstalk because he was up playing world of warcraft all night - he seems to be getting into it :D
    "SAAAAAHrrry I'm late for the show folks, my nub guuuuuildies kept wiping on Nefffaaaaaaaahrian. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ah well that was a let down. I'm off to read about astrology and evolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

So we all like Hook now?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Wait he wants to play chess online with 42 japanese teenagers? Has he got some fetish he should (n't) tell us about???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm shocked at how well that show went and how positive it was.

Was expecting this:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

OH FFS "French people like to be snipers" seriously where TF does he get his info?

I play COD religiously and this is true in most cases, the French are campers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was expecting this:

That was funny when the former editor of the Sun spoke about how games are sexist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sent my text in:
    Gaming chat was a disappointment. Where were the illogical and misguided arguments designed to make rational people angry?

:)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was expecting this:

Fair play to yer man for not kicking that bitch beside him square in the face!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I thought she done pretty good tbh, cant see what your on about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I thought she done pretty good tbh, cant see what your on about :confused:

I meant in that video above, yer one from PopCap was sound.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I meant in that video above, yer one from PopCap was sound.

lol ok my bad :)
    I didnt watch the vid yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yip, there's no video game/real violence there :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That was boring. I stayed in after work for THAT?! I want my time back Georgey!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Desire. wrote: »
    Except most people don't have an interest in astronomy or evolution, so why would we do that?

You should try playing spore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

What do you get out of it, as an adult?

I'm on the fence here (so to speak). Used to enjoy playing video games when I was younger. I'm in my very late thirties now and am really considering getting a PS3. One part of me says, go for it, a games console, bluray player, and music system all in one.

The other part of me says I'll spend hours on end playing Call of Duty, getting it in the neck from the wife.

I suppose it would be useful to see what's the age profile of users on this forum, if they wanted to share it.

Should I go for it? Get the PS3? Grow fat? Go mental?

• Advertisement

What do you get out of it, as an adult?

what do you get out of reading?

or watching a movie or tv show?

what do you get out of listening to music?

Advertisement