Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTB Peeps - check this out! [ MTB Pads ]

• 27-04-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hey all you MTB peeps while i was looking at getting some pads i came across this in the USA - http://g-form.com/
    Not to bad i think!

I would like to point out i dont work of them nor do i work of any bike shop however i would not mind buying these if they where in a bike shop here in IRL or more dublin for me but anyhow!

So though id set up with Vote and see if enough of us would get them maby id see if a shop in dublin would stock some of us!!

So please vote and also say why you would get them or not and if you know of somethere allready like this that good please let me and other ppl know!

Would you buy the G-from Pads if a bike shop here stocked them (see link below) 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

I voted Yes cos they look like the best thing out there and are a good price! But before id by em id like to see them host why id like a shop in dublin to stock em :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Are they much different from the POC or 661 3DO pads, apart from being yellow?

well im only going on pics here but to me they look like a better fit to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Why not just order them direct? Shipping is only $20.

kinda wanted to see them first off i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

I've always been intrigued by these sort of pads.

For one I've never really had a problem wearing kneepads, they don't annoy me that much but I can understand for pads in other areas this sort of solution could be useful. The other things I've always wondered is how well do they stand up to piercing impacts. Things like sharp rocks and small branches that you might find on a trail, does the material harden against them aswell or does it have to be a blunt force?

Advertisement