Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to wait for mortgage approval?

Options
  • 27-04-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have applied for a mortgage and am waiting almost 3weeks now :O I am getting really annoyed at this stage - was told there is a back log :( How long did everyone else have to wait??!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Depends on the institution, the loan to value, all the paperwork being in etc. Lenders market and all of that. Give them a call looking for update or perhaps you can check online or your broker will chase for yu or branch if dealing direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BillieB

Thanks :) Gave all the required documents in at start of application. Am sick ringing broker all they keep saying is bank said there is a backlog and we will just have to wait :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MortgageBroker

In short you are being dicked around if you haven't gotten a preliminary answer - assumption being that you have given in most of the necessary docs to get a preliminary answer with.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Did you get sorted ?

Yes I did thanks so its all systems go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Loraco

Hey all,
    hope it is ok to jump into this mortgage approval thread....
    I am hoping to apply for a mortgage very soon but have been just today been offered a new (better paying) job and am now very worried that I won't stand a chance at getting one until next year having to wait at least six months into a new position...which will mean that by then the tax relief for first time buyers will be gone forever :( what to do? has anyone changed jobs while in the process of applying for a mortgage? Any advice would be great ;)

You dont have to be in a job 6 months its 3 months. Just once its permanent and you are not on probabtion. Also once its not in a high risk industry like construction. I got a mortgage with AIB and my partner is in job only 5 mths when we applied.

Advertisement