Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet

• 27-04-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi Boardies,

Here’s my issue.

I’m in a rented house in Dublin with three others and we are looking to get broadband. We do not want to get the pay- as- you- go USB internet things as we have just had bad experiences with them.

We are looking to get wireless, always on broadband in the house. We do not have a landline telephone in the house, but we do have sky digital that everyone in the house wants to keep.

I know in the UK you can get broadband in through Sky digital. Can you do that here? What are our best options to get wireless broadband in to the house?

Are you always tied in to a 12 month contract?

One of the biggest problems is that no-one in the house knows where they will be in 6 months time so we are reluctant to put our names to a 12 month contract.

This has caused a lot of fights as no-one wants to switch from Sky digital either, so UPC is out.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You seem to have ruled all your options out already. Something has to give if you really want broadband.

Sky don't do broadband in Ireland, so forget that. Any broadband will come with a 12 month contract too, so someone is going to have to bite the bullet and order. UPC would probably be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

if you get any internet installed you will be tied to a contract, but if after 6 months, no one is going to be using it. You can sign the contract over to the new tennant if they are willing to take it.

You are taking the risk that they will say no, but maybe they will say yes if you get a decent cheap enough ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Why cant you just keep the Sky Digital and get UPC in anyway?

Advertisement