Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden / landscaper required

• 27-04-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Can anyone recommend a gardener / landscaper / handyman to do some work in a small garden. I need a path and patio put down, an oil tank moved, some small beds put in, maybe some ground covered in pea gravel...nothing fancy or too expensive required...if you have had someone you could recommend I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Hi Bif,
    A friend of mine has a Landscaping/Garden Maintenance company.
    They used to work for Van Veens Garden Centre in Limerick doing the landscaping jobs but as Van Veens is scaling back/shutting down they've gone out on their own.
    Here's their number 0877545965, you will get through to JaneAnne or Conor.

My mother-in-law and another friend of ours in Broadford used them for one off jobs, to re-design garden layout, bit of maintenance etc and both were happy with the work/price etc.

Good Luck!

p.s. They have a website also (work in progress Id say)
    www.castlegreylandscapes.com
    Welcome
    We are a new company based in the Limerick area. We can offer you a full landscaping and grounds maintenance service for your business.
    In these tough financial times, all businesses are trying to lower costs. But the grounds of your business are the first thing your customers see and must be kept to a high standard. We are confident than we can offer a very competitive rate in comparison to other landscaping companies.
    We have previously worked for Van Veens Garden centre and Landscaping service, Sap Landscapes, and O? Briens landscaping services in Malahide. Earlier this year we set up our own business and have been focusing on the home market, due to the growth of this business we are now able to offer our services on a commercial level.

http://www.castlegreylandscapes.com/About.aspx
    About Us
    Listed below are the services we can offer you:
    Grass Cutting
    Pruning & Hedge Cutting
    Tree & Shrub Planting
    Yearly Maintenance Contracts
    Weed Control
    Litter Clearance
    Pots & Hanging baskets
    Water Features
    Patios and Lawn edging
    Free Consultation

We are qualified, fully insured and meet all health and safety regulations for our industry.
    If in the near future you are thinking of having any new works carried out or are sending out tenders for maintenance contracts we would be grateful if you would consider us in this process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

and there's Hawthorn but I don't know what there prices are like:

http://www.hawthornnurseries.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

We used John McCarthy Landscapers last year to redo our garden. I have nothing but the highest praise for them. They turned up when they said they would, and continued to turn up until the job was done.

And then the after care service was excellent. He kept checking to make sure the grass was coming up well and addressed any concerns we had promptly.

He is a wee bit more expensive than others but we felt that it was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

+ 1 John McCarthy Landscaping

John is a long time in the landscaping business, he is very experienced and is a really sound guy!

http://www.ennislandscaping.com/

Advertisement