Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography website with song related titles for photos

• 27-04-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a photo website that I've virtually finished, just doing some final tweeks.
    I love music so have made some of the titles of photo in my photoblog music related (e.g. Race for the Prize and Horse Outside.

I'm going to try to change all existing photo titles so that they're all music related.

1. Do you think of the idea in general?
    2. Do you think having titles related to anything music (artists names, album & song titles and lyrics) or just song titles is better?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Moved to Photography.

I added it to music forum as I wanted people who are 'into music's opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What can I say?

Music related titles does not make it an alt/indie topic.

If I released an album called Canon 7D I wouldn't expect mods to allow me to start a thread about it in the Photography forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

(I think he actually wants pageviews.)

What can I say?

Music related titles does not make it an alt/indie topic.

If I released an album called Canon 7D I wouldn't expect mods to allow me to start a thread about it in the Photography forum.

(It's no biggie but...)

In my eyes it's related to both photography and music.
    In the photography forum I'll get opinions from photographers who mightn't know the musical references.

In the music (alt/indie as that's the main kind of music I like and therefore the majority of titles would be alt/indie. There's no general music forum) I'll get opinions from people who like music. From them I'd get an opinion if there's an appeal/attraction in seeing pictures that have a musical reference. From the photography forum I wouldn't get the same insight (I think).

• Advertisement

charybdis wrote: »
    (I think he actually wants pageviews.)

You don't like me, do you?

And yes, of course I want pageviews, but I'm not trying to gain them through views from this thread. If I manage to create musical related titles for all my photos I think that:
    • it distinguishes my site from the X amount of photo websites out there
    • my site might get viewed by a wider audience
    • I might even sell one or two more photos
    • I love music so I enjoy trying to think of a musical title. So I get pleasure from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

dinneenp wrote: »
    You don't like me, do you?

I wouldn't say I don't like you. Although I do find your repeated requests for assistance regarding things barely related to photography and on the same basic topic over and over again irritating.
    And yes, of course I want pageviews, but I'm not trying to gain them through views from this thread. If I manage to create musical related titles for all my photos I think that:
    • it distinguishes my site from the X amount of photo websites out there
    • my site might get viewed by a wider audience
    • I might even sell one or two more photos
    • I love music so I enjoy trying to think of a musical title. So I get pleasure from that

Let me make this clear: nobody cares about your website. The only reason people would begin to care about your website is if your photography is so good that it's worth caring about. You can spam the music forum with links to your site and ask questions about basic Wordpress use in the photography forum, but neither of those activities is likely to lead to you building an audience. The thing you need to put work into is making your photography better than the vast majority of other photography on the internet. The website is a bucket that carries your images to their audience. You can get a shinier bucket, but nobody is really going to care unless they think its contents are better than the contents of any other of the millions of buckets they have access to.

By the way, you asked how to promote your photoblog over two years ago and I gave you the same answer I'm giving you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 farwood

whats wrong with wanting page views??

thats why we try to capture every single damn detail with our cameras...becaus we want other people to see the world as we see it.
    otherwise we would just enjoy the moment and keep that picture in our heads ;)

I love your Idea!

As I am a big fan of music... and everytime someone says a line or a couple of words which occur in a songtext... i can't help myself from singing that song...

and there s so much poetrie, truth and sometimes wise knowledge in theses songs.... that its good to connect these words with your views :)

but: you have to be careful not to carry it to its extremes.... use these song titles careful and only where it is wort it... just my opinion of course ;)

Nina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Just noticed there is a picture of me on your website, good work fella!!

http://www.photoblog.ie/photoblog/page/3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Well, even with myself - I often get inspiration from songs, and will name them after the line that inspires me, or the title.

• Advertisement

Just noticed there is a picture of me on your website, good work fella!!

http://www.photoblog.ie/photoblog/page/3/

Obviously one of the photographer? Which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Obviously one of the photographer? Which one?

The non conformist :-) Looking away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

The one facing the wrong way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The one with taste... style... Nikon...

:D

Advertisement