Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else sick of touchscreens?? Advice on a new phone please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What about a Blackberry OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

trio wrote: »
    LOL! Pretty much! Didn't realise I'd run into so much "Don't be such a QUITTER!"

Even though I've been clear about my budget. Which makes it unlikely that I could afford any "good" touchscreen anyway!

OP, my comments were aimed at the 'but what if I really don't want a touch screen' comment made by others. Please carry on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

zom wrote: »
    No longer £99.00.
    It's £123.43 now.:mad:
    that's still good value like
    LOL! Pretty much! Didn't realise I'd run into so much "Don't be such a QUITTER!"

Even though I've been clear about my budget. Which makes it unlikely that I could afford any "good" touchscreen anyway!

sorry, its just when I read your comments about the 5230...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Ah, it's grand!

But just in case anyone is still with me ;) I'll try again - anything other than the C2-01 under €100 on PAYG that's any good at all??

Ah, it's grand!

But just in case anyone is still with me ;) I'll try again - anything other than the C2-01 under €100 on PAYG that's any good at all??

As I said what about a Blackberry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

People have different tastes. If someone doesn't like something they can't just be browbeaten into changing their opinion I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

cookie1977 wrote: »
    As I said what about a Blackberry?

Seriously, can I get a Blackberry on PAYG for under €100? Where?

Cos I'd be all over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have to carry a Blackberry for work. I can't see any positive reason for having one, apart from the security benefits to large companies & possibly the control BB's give to the IT department.

Mine loses signal constantly. Needs to be rebooted at least once a day & needs to have the battery removed every couple of days. This one is two weeks old on the Voda UK network. My last two were O2 Ireland & had the exact same issues. The UI is poor and there is nothing good about using one - except the large BBM user-base - although a basic app, there are plenty of people who use it. The keyboards are awkward and gives me a pain in my thumbs if I type more than one word.

Well vodafone have it for 139
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/prepay/?handset=8520W
    As do meteor
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/blackberry_8520_curve#what-you-get-tab
    so it's probably too much sorry :(
    They do come with a lot of credit and the meteor has free BIS for three months so it's a good deal

While they're dated by today's standards I'd still consider the Nokia N95 8GB and N86 as among the best of the non-touch screen phones, in terms of features. However I've been getting more than a bit annoyed by the web browsing functionality on my N86, seems to crash the browser for no apparent reason at times. As a result I've been thinking of just giving in and getting an iPhone - I wouldn't trust myself with Android.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    - I wouldn't trust myself with Android.

eh? ???

eh? ???

I spent a lot of time modding Motorola phones back in 2004/2005 so I'd rather stay away from Android as I know I'd pick up that urge again. For the phone's sake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Normal people cannot use android didn't you know? You need a PhD in computer science to even turn them on.

Karsini wrote: »
    I spent a lot of time modding Motorola phones back in 2004/2005 so I'd rather stay away from Android as I know I'd pick up that urge again. For the phone's sake. :D

ah well tis a lot easier these days ;)

Advertisement