Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to recovery....a second attempt!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Dunno chief... Really don't.... It's 50/50 till I get to the physio... which has been changed till tomorrow...

Like went out last night and yeah it wasn't a very slow run but it wasn't quick either and the ribs were very painful...

I would just like my body to f*** right off and just be 'fit' for a couple of months!

Will update tomorrow... Going out for another short run tonight... Goin mad cuz training is what has gotten me through 12 hour study days this summer! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Perkina3 wrote: »
    I would just like my body to f*** right off and just be 'fit' for a couple of months!
    +1000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Was there an impact to your ribs? If not it could be costochondritis your physio will tell you straight away but you'll be resting if it is!

Dunno tbh chief... I can feel something halfway up my rib like but I hope to christ it's not :'(..... I will be INCREDIBLY pissed of if it's something like that.

Dunno tbh chief... I can feel something halfway up my rib like but I hope to christ it's not :'(..... I will be INCREDIBLY pissed of if it's something like that.

Better that than something serious Mister!

• Advertisement

Howdy everyone....

Back after a longer absence than I would have liked...

Went for a first run in bout 5/6 weeks and jesus... I didn't know u could loose so much fitness in such a short space of time...

Run was untimed but struggled terribly with it...

C. 4m was the distance...

Welcome back.

Why no running?

In a nut shell - exams, illness and holiday! :(....

In a nut shell - exams, illness and holiday! :(....

You've been dossing! Back to work now princess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Welcome back Perky, I've missed your brand of craziness ;)

• Advertisement

Oh jesus... I got a welcome back from Digger! **** He is obviously looking for something! :P...

Shhhh ..... Mr. Slow that was meant to be our little secret!!! ;)

Ok an finally...Second session of the day!!! Weights session on a strength session which I was provided with a couple weeks back...

Good session...took over two hours thought... The time should reduce over time... Once I get used to doing it... Obviously...i found it tough!! Squats and weighted lunges were not easy! :/

Ok.... so I am not getting too hopeful cuz its only the second day back BUT....

Did the same circuit again today...untimed cuz that would have been embarrassing and I did it a sight quicker than yesterday (Still slow) but my big issue with yesterday was my breathing...Just felt like I had a very big weight on my chest....

Today was easier with respect to that but there is still improvemnet needed...

In other news... Had my first weights session last night....Its meant for strength and conditioning and it's a tough programme... Not loads of exercises but they are tough for me to do so it's taking me some time to get through them... an finally... u would expect after three weeks in the states one would put on weight..... I didnt.... Lost 10lbs.... dunno how... but the end result is that I am under 13st for the first time in 2 years... Not happy with this cuz my target weight was 14st by xmas meaning I have to pick up at least 16lb's in the next 3 months... A tough ask for me! :(

Quick update on training and how it is going:

Monday:

Double session:

4 mile run - really am feeling stronger every day that I do this base work and Monday was no exception... Still below par but I can feel myself getting back into the rythm of things so no complaints

Strength session: I did 90 minutes of weights immediately after this run. I know it seems like a long time but the programme I am working from is tough and it takes me a long time to do it as I need to rest in between each set. I am trying to put on the 10lbs I lost while on holiday

Tuesday:

Double session:

Farlek with club: The club trains once a week and it was a 20 minute broken into 9min/6mins/5mins..... While I was still in the top third of ppl in terms of distance and speed I ran close to 70% rather than 100% as I am only recently back and I don't want to hurt myself...

A small warm up and down too..

Weights session:

Same session as Monday: I will look to post up my programme ASAP but I am happy with it as it is tough but doable!

Plan for today:

Today I have something in the evening so not sure if I will get out for the run... No weights planned for today. If not then it's back to another double session

After two tough days training I had something on last night so was a well earned rest day.

Also now know I need to get a new pair of runners so I am trying to decide what to get....

Set up a thread for ppls input so any of the regulars who read this any feedback u have on the runners you use would be appreciated!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056411295

Advertisement