Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Corrib crossings

Options
  • 27-04-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering the other day when crossing over the Corrib how many times have I done it?

Must be in the 5 digits at this point. Lived here from 1981-1984, then 1994 - 1997 then 1999 till present.

So.... if I crossed it twice a day everyday (sometimes I cross many more times in a day, but for arguments sake I will use this number) for each of those years roughly speaking I would have done it:

2 * 365 * 21 = 15330 times (very rough estimate)

Cool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you moved house across the river you would save a fortune.

Five years of school crossing four times a day and then three years of college crossing twice a day so about 7,000 4,000 times.

Could probably add in another 1,000 for good measure for random trips across over the last 30 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

and in all that time you could of learnt basic math! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

In all that time, you could have learned basic grammar. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Five years of school crossing four times a day and then three years of college crossing twice a day so about 7,000 4,000 times.

Could probably add in another 1,000 for good measure for random trips across over the last 30 years

I was actually lookin at the OP *21, but there's more important things in life to be worrying about ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

:D:D:D
    Sorry! I was just being bold!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

It would be great to get another bridge in and get rid of half or more of the people (in cars) on the bridge at rush hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JaneAusten

"Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what’s so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what’s so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be."

Advertisement