Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone know the petrol prices for these Journeys?

Options
  • 27-04-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

If anyone here would be kind enough to post how much petrol they'd use to get to and from these places, it'd be great. I know I could just google the distance and work it out, but I'm sure there's plenty of other factors (Traffic, windy roads .etc) that'd go in. And yeah I'm using Skerries as the focus of routes for most of these, sorry :D

• Skerries - Dublin
    • Skerries - Balbriggon
    • Skerries - Drogheda
    • Balbriggon - Drogheda
    • Laytown - Drogheda
    • Dublin - Drogheda
    Thanks a million if you can help! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Size of car engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

spurious wrote: »
    Size of car engine?
    I'm hoping for multiple sized engines. Just the one each person drives will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

MPG/ Type of Driver/ Time of Day/ Excess weight in the boot of the car, too many variables,

Spook_ie wrote: »
    MPG/ Type of Driver/ Time of Day/ Excess weight in the boot of the car, too many variables,
    Can't I just hope for brief approximations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Why don't you work these out yourself?

Look up the distances.

Look up the extra urban MPG figures on the manufacturers' web sites.

Do the the maths. They're very simple. No-one on here knows any more than you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

If you use this website http://www.viamichelin.com/

It gives you the approx petrol/diesel cost for the entered trip, you can modify the route, change the type of vehicle, and fuel price.

i'd say it's as arrcuate as you can get it unless you have a satnav with a good fuel economy program that has been set up correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

32-36 mpg would be a range to cover most petrol cars from 1.5-2 and prob 40-46 diesel?

also motors forum prob be a better bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Dublin is a fairly big destination. whereabouts wrt Skerries?

Also whereabouts in Balbriggan from whereabouts in Skerries? From Holmpatrick to Flemmington would be much further than from Kelly's Bay to Hampton Cove

I'm sure you want to know how much petrol you'ld use, rather than the price of petrol, which is independent of the amount used, as it's priced per litre by law.

Modern cars fuel usage is quote in l/100km
    just figure out the distance, the car and the price of a litre of fuel

Kumsheen wrote: »
    If you use this website http://www.viamichelin.com/

It gives you the approx petrol/diesel cost for the entered trip, you can modify the route, change the type of vehicle, and fuel price.

i'd say it's as arrcuate as you can get it unless you have a satnav with a good fuel economy program that has been set up correctly.
    That's actually perfect! Thank you. :)

Advertisement