Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a set of keys

• 27-04-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

As above.
    I found someones keys in John Square the other day (Think it was Sunday, could have been Saturday)

If they are yours, PM me or something telling me the Keyring brand that is on them. I will meet you then to return them.

Failing this, if no one on here owns them. What should I do with em? Guards I suppose?
    I could drop them into the place listed on the keyring I suppose too.

irish

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would always suggest dropping found items into the nearest Garda Station, not only would this be the most logical place for someone to check but they'll also keep a record if someone has already looked for them and be able to give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

For a minute, I thought this was going to end up like the passport thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

For a minute, I thought this was going to end up like the passport thread :P
    haha My Dad got banned for a year over that tread for inciting racism or somethin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Have ye a link to this infamous thread? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pretty sure I deleted it. I've never seen a thread that needed so many actions for so many different offences! Sorry about that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Have ye a link to this infamous thread? :D
    Pretty sure I deleted it. I've never seen a thread that needed so many actions for so many different offences! Sorry about that. :pac:

That thread was something else!! I'll give you the basics.....

Some foreign lad found a passport, came on here saying he had found the passport but wouldn't hand it over to the owner untill he was paid a reward!!
    Some how someone searched and managed to find the lads name and address and reported him to the guards for holding onto someones passport and basically trying selling it back to them! Not sure did we ever find out the outcome, I think the thread got closed then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

alan1990 wrote: »
    That thread was something else!! I'll give you the basics.....

Some foreign lad found a passport, came on here saying he had found the passport but wouldn't hand it over to the owner untill he was paid a reward!!
    Some how someone searched and managed to find the lads name and address and reported him to the guards for holding onto someones passport and basically trying selling it back to them! Not sure did we ever find out the outcome, I think the thread got closed then!!

It was handed in to Henry Street by the good gentleman who found it.

@IO yeah you deleted it and there were many actions taken against many posters. I escaped unscathed.

@op, check if there's a gym or tesco club card keyring attached to it, these places will have a better chance of reuniting the keys with the owners as they have the owners details on file, all they have to do is scan the card.

.........and 32 posts deleted, 9 infractions given, and 4 bans lol,

People went crazy at the guy, noone took too kindly to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

smokie2008 wrote: »
    .........and 32 posts deleted, 9 infractions given, and 4 bans lol,

People went crazy at the guy, noone took too kindly to it.

44, 8 and 3 actually! :p
    Turns out it wasn't deleted, just locked. Search for "passport".

Anyway, that's enough history! Hopefully the the keys found by the OP will be returned to their rightful owner.

haha Worse Again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Turns out it wasn't deleted, just locked. Search for "passport".

Anyway, that's enough history! Hopefully the the keys found by the OP will be returned to their rightful owner.

I searched it and found it. Its empty though. You removed everything :-(

Advertisement