Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with time management!

• 27-04-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    First of all I do study quite a bit but these past few days I've been doing concise notes continuously trying to cut the courses down!

Anyway, in relation to actually studying itself, I find that I take ages to actually learn something.
    For example: A business chapter (Like the EU) might take me over 4 hours.

I've improved my method of studying but still finding it difficult to do everything in as it takes so long...

(I understand that everyone is different and would consider myself to be an average student doing 6 higher level and 1 ordinary level subject)

How long would it take you guys to learn something properly?
    Whats your study plan?

-Sm4shbox :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Sm4shbox wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    First of all I do study quite a bit but these past few days I've been doing concise notes continuously trying to cut the courses down!

Anyway, in relation to actually studying itself, I find that I take ages to actually learn something.
    For example: A business chapter (Like the EU) might take me over 4 hours.

I've improved my method of studying but still finding it difficult to do everything in as it takes so long...

(I understand that everyone is different and would consider myself to be an average student doing 6 higher level and 1 ordinary level subject)

How long would it take you guys to learn something properly?
    Whats your study plan?

-Sm4shbox :P

It sounds like you're sitting in front of a book and reading it! That's why it takes ages.. You keep trying to remember word for word stuff you probably already know in your own words! Instead look at a chapter checklist and see if there's anything you don't know, learn that. Then get the exam papers and do the questions (either in your head for Business and the likes, or actually write out the answers for Maths etc.)

I'm sorry if you're already doing that, but what I just described is what I used to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

It sounds like you're sitting in front of a book and reading it! That's why it takes ages.. You keep trying to remember word for word stuff you probably already know in your own words! Instead look at a chapter checklist and see if there's anything you don't know, learn that. Then get the exam papers and do the questions (either in your head for Business and the likes, or actually write out the answers for Maths etc.)

I'm sorry if you're already doing that, but what I just described is what I used to do!

Hey!
    No I actually already have short notes written out, it just takes me forever to learn them!

Thanks for the advise :)
    How much study have you been doing over the holidays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Sm4shbox wrote: »
    Hey!
    No I actually already have short notes written out, it just takes me forever to learn them!

Thanks for the advise :)
    How much study have you been doing over the holidays?

Hmmm.. Maybe try and write them out with out looking and then check your notes?

I did a revision course last week (11-3.30) but did very little else.. This week I'm doing supervised study because lazy me wouldn't do it at home! It's 9-5 and very tiring but I get loads done... Have loads of homework however so not much studying being done..! :( It all counts though I suppose!

Advertisement