Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need someone who is doing arts, preferably English and German or English and Histor

Options
  • 27-04-2011 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,
    I'm currently in 4th year and I'm doing what career guidance teachers like to call "A CAREERS PROJECT". You basically investigate a career you'd like and find out as much as possible. English, History and German are my favourite subjects in school at the moment, so my teacher has advised me to interview a German/English student or a history/English student. If anyone could answer the following questions, I'd be very grateful! You don't have to leave essay-style answers, but if you feel like doing so, go ahead because I won't complain!

THE QUESTIONS

1.What course are you doing (the exact title-e.g: Arts-History and English) and in which college?

2.Why did you choose this college?

3. What were some of the modules you did in first year, and how did you find them?

4. What have you learnt from your college experience so far (e.g: You've gained a lot of confidence)

5. How much time is spent in lectures, how many hours per week?

6.When you finish college would you consider going back to do further studies,like a masters?

7. What jobs can arise from your degree? What job do you hope to get?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

1.What course are you doing (the exact title-e.g: Arts-History and English) and in which college?

Bachelor of Arts with Theatre and Performance in NUIG (doing 3 sunjects; Theatre, English and History)

2.Why did you choose this college?

Galway is known to be a great spot, the campus is great and the college was the only one in Ireland where I could study Drama and Theatre with 2 other subjects, as opposed to only one other.

3. What were some of the modules you did in first year, and how did you find them?

We did History and Society in the age of the Great War/French Revolution. Both v. interesting modules, we did them in terms of Ireland and Europe which gave a good insight into topics.

In English we did Introduction to Drama/ Poetry/ the Novel. Intro to the Novel was definetly the most interesting one of the three.

4. What have you learnt from your college experience so far (e.g: You've gained a lot of confidence)

5. How much time is spent in lectures, how many hours per week?

17 hours p/week

6.When you finish college would you consider going back to do further studies,like a masters?

definitley

7. What jobs can arise from your degree? What job do you hope to get?

not sure yet

Advertisement