Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA claim?????

Options
  • 27-04-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I have been with AXA for 7 years third part fire and theft.

Never had a claim in those 7 years. Then in January my car was broken into and a lot of damage was done.

The guards took the car to their impound for forensic testing and i called AXA and they said that they would pick it up and bring it to their dealer to have it assessed at no charge to me.

Then they got the guy from the garage to call me and say that AXA were classing it as Malicious damage and not theft, therefore i was not covered. The quote was 2500euro

After numerous words with AXA over the phone i gave up and paid cash to a guy to have it towed from the garage back to my house.

My partner got the parts needed and had the car fixed for under €500.

When renewal time came...i told AXA to get stuffed and went with Hibernian who were €100 cheaper for fully comprehensive cover compared to AXAs Tpft.

I requested a cert of no claims from AXA and got this in the post.

Losses recorded on policy: 1
    Type: Attempted theft
    Payments to date: €358.77

To say i am fuming is an understatement:mad:
    They are now classing it as "attempted theft" and who the f**k got the €358.77 because it wasn't me.

Can i do anything about this????

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That claim is not affecting your ncb, the charge was prob for the towing, even though it was free to you, theystill had to pay someone for the towing,

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Lenny wrote: »
    That claim is not affecting your ncb, the charge was prob for the towing, even though it was free to you, theystill had to pay someone for the towing,

Are you sure it won't affect me??
    I would have serious issues with a towing charge of that much when i only paid €80 to a guy in the golden pages to tow it further

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I took out travel insurance with Axa, and when I claimed they moved the goalposts in a similar manner. If you read the t&c with the wisdom of hindsight it has to be admitted they are correct, but you would need to be psychic to figure out all the options they are not covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

looksee wrote: »
    I took out travel insurance with Axa, and when I claimed they moved the goalposts in a similar manner. If you read the t&c with the wisdom of hindsight it has to be admitted they are correct, but you would need to be psychic to figure out all the options they are not covering.

I agree but my issue now is that...ok i have accepted that they were not going to cover the damage and therefore No claim!!

So my main issue is why is the claim/non claim appearing as if i had a genuine claim that was settled??

They even have it classed as "attempted theft" which at the time they strongly denied was the issue. Their argument was Malicious damage = no claim under tpft:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We were told that a flight had been cancelled for technical reasons but when we tried to claim it mysteriously was changed to weather conditions, which they said was not covered. It was more complicated than that appears, but it is not relevant here, except that it was a goalpost moving exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The amount paid would be the cost of the loss adjuster. I too would be unhappy if my NCB stated 'theft' when it was decided that it was malicious damage. They should rectify it, but I don't see the point at this stage

Advertisement