Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westport this weekend?

Options
  • 27-04-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

Can anyone recommend good pubs and places to eat in westport? Heading there on friday til monday staying in the carlton...hope the weather is good,any good beaches also or festivals going on aroung the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Try Sage Restaurant, I have eaten there a few times. Its very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 auntienic

zweton wrote: »
    hi guys,

Can anyone recommend good pubs and places to eat in westport? Heading there on friday til monday staying in the carlton...hope the weather is good,any good beaches also or festivals going on aroung the area?

Torrinos is a really nice Italian, also if you like seafood Mangos is lovely. Enjoy:)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'll second both Sage and Torinos from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anoh77

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'll second both Sage and Torinos from experience.
    I'd agree with both these and would highly recommend An Port Mor also

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭famoussheamus

Sage definately worth a visit. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

The Quay cottage and The Helm are worth a look since your staying out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

For daytime drinking the porter house is the best, mcgings and morans the best at night. If you want to go on then try heneghans as it's late night.

If you under 30 then it's Cosy joes and maybe the castlecourt but I would rather go home and stick pins in my eyes.
    The food in the Carlton is very good
    and reasonably priced too.

The beach at the foot of Croagh
    Patrick is my favourite in the area and there is loads of walking out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

I'd highly recommend an Port Mor, just in behind Moran's pub on Bridge street. also Henehans is a great Late bar to go to, good atmosphere and there is usually a live band set up.

Advertisement