Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Wireless Adapter

Options
  • 27-04-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have wireless in the apartment and have just bought a desktop pc that will be located in a bedroom. I think that a wireless usb adapter like these would do the job?

http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=WIRELESS+USB+WiFi+ADAPTER+

I tried one of these before but it wouldn't work because I'm running windows 7 64 bit. Would anyone have any suggestions for one that would work?

Thanks

Cherrytaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yes, most of those should work. How well it works would have to be tested. Windows 7 should pick up the drivers so you probably wouldn't need anything else.

Make sure whichever one you pick matches your wireless type. Most routers/access points are "g" and most of these ones are "g" as well with backwards compatibility with "b".

If you want a good constant connection, homeplugs are the best solution for an easy network.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Thanks for that. Huge speeds aren't that important to me so hopefully any of those will work.

My wireless is just standard upc with a netgear router so I think I'll buy one of those ebay ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

IIRC UPC uses Wireless N routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

I've just checked the router and it is a G router

Advertisement