Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VFC M4 E-Series Tactical Carbine (No discussion)

• 27-04-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I decided I would do a quick review of the VFC M4 E-S Tactical carbine today :)
    I'm not going to be taking it apart or reviewing the internals in depth (sorry!)

1.Externals
    The whole gun is very very very solid, the only slight wobble i can see is in the stock, which seems to be common with most M4 variants in airsoft.
    There are trades, for those of you who care about them: IMG_0825.jpgIMG_0823.jpg
    And the finish is very good quality. The rails are CNC made and there is absolutely NO movement in them, they're nice and long and can hold pretty much any optics, lights, grenade launchers that you may like.
    There is a functioning dummy bolt and bolt catch, which give access to the easily adjustable hop-up (which stays where you set it!) IMG_0826.jpgIMG_0824.jpg

The one issue i have to say I had with the externals of this gun was the dust cover, it really won't stay closed, not much of a problem, but the little catch seems to be much to small to stay on.
    The gun is wired to the back, to the stock and will take a 9.6v ''nunchuk'' style battery. IMG_0833.jpg

The outer barrel is threaded (14mm Counter clockwise)IMG_0851.jpg
    As soon as I got the gun i replaced the stock hop up rubber with a madbull type, this didn't seem to work for me at all, the little fins getting caught on the bbs and shreading, i replaced this with a guarder clear rubber and now the range really is very very good. The rate of fire and trigger response are really fast and it doesn't seem to go throught batteries very quickly, (but i do find i need to change battery during a full days gaming)

2. Disassembly
    To get to the hop up rubber and inner barrel all that's involved is pushing out the front body pin (Just to the left of the word stoner) And slide the front of the upper reciever forward. Make sure that the dust cover is close, as this will catch on the body pin. after taht you can take out the barrel easily! :)IMG_0825.jpg
    3.Conclusion
    It isn't exactly cheap at around 399 euro, but it is worth every single cent, the range, rate of fire and build quality are spectacular. There is a huge amount of modification possible to do to it and I really really would recommend it to anyone looking for a gun taht's going to last..
    IMG_0816.jpgIMG_0828.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0835.jpgSo, I hope this review helps in some way,and I'm sorry if it's awful its my first one ;)IMG_0851.jpg EDIT. As stock, the M4 was shooting at 280 fps, came with a 300rnd high capacity magazine and no scope or silencer, I replaced the spring and it's now shooting at 320 fps.

Comments

Advertisement