Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SRC M4 wobblie barrel

• 27-04-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Just a quick one. I have a SRC M4 plastic body and the barrel seems to be getting a little bit wobblie. Any ideas as to how to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Do 1 of 3 things...

1. Take off your handguard and delta ring and tighten the 2 screws shown in this pic...

RIMG0128.jpg

Check that the Barrel Nut is tight on the body...

RIMG0131.jpg

Put a bit of electrical tape on the outer barrel where it inserts into the body (Making sure you leave room for the wires)

RIMG0133.jpg

1 of these 3 should sort it out.

If not, hold a ritualistic burning of said SRC Spurtlion :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

I've actually got the same issue (metal body SRC m4 CQB).

The solution is to tighten the front end or barrel back into the body, however, these m4's have a reputation for being difficult to do any kind of takedown on and as my other m4 is torn to pieces (project gun) I need to have something functioning so I'm reluctant to go at the SRC.

I'm sure it's a reasonably simple job to tighten the barrel though. Anyone out there know how to take the RIS rails off the front end so I can get to the threading from the barrel to the body? Bearing in mind that the battery is not housed in the handrail but in the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sharpe88

TNTQ you are a gent. Got it sorted in about 5 minutes.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

darkslider wrote: »
    I've actually got the same issue (metal body SRC m4 CQB).

The solution is to tighten the front end or barrel back into the body, however, these m4's have a reputation for being difficult to do any kind of takedown on and as my other m4 is torn to pieces (project gun) I need to have something functioning so I'm reluctant to go at the SRC.

I'm sure it's a reasonably simple job to tighten the barrel though. Anyone out there know how to take the RIS rails off the front end so I can get to the threading from the barrel to the body? Bearing in mind that the battery is not housed in the handrail but in the stock.

The Delta ring type thing should unscrew? The rail assembly should just slide off then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

Delta ring was just a bit stiff was all. After a little encouragement it all came together, or er apart as the case may be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement