Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameplay is very dark

Options
  • 27-04-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why this is? it's not that my house is dark because I don't have windows and my computer screen is relatively new so it can't be that. anybody know why the gameplay would be dark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

RE: the sims 3^^^^^^

not all at once:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Only reason I can think is Gameplay Settings may be too dark. Or contrast setting on screen (but that would affect you generally rather than just in-game).

Is it only when you go into a family's home or is it throughout the game?

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Only reason I can think is Gameplay Settings may be too dark. Or contrast setting on screen (but that would affect you generally rather than just in-game).

Is it only when you go into a family's home or is it throughout the game?

Family's home. But every second or third piece of wall is a window. When I'm in the town it's quite bright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think I know where you're coming from. Whenever I'm playing the game seems normal, but when I bring up the Steam overlay it's bright as heck, so either the game is compensating for the darkness, or my monitor is...

Wish I knew why though :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aye that's one thing I've noticed in Sims 3, its very sensitive to light. Just get enough windows, and failing that, some more lights in the room (maybe a coffee table lamp or something!).

Wallpaper also can change how you perceive the light in the room. Try something brighter if you have a darker wallpaper up

I put a load of lights in the room and that seemed to help. Also I took on board the wallpaper and changed that and the floor. I think simply, windows don't let in enough light. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Glad it all worked...To save money, just remove the ceiling*

*May affect Sims' moods

:D

🤪

Advertisement