Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiography

Options
  • 27-04-2011 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi there! This course has caught my attention and I'm just wondering is there anybody on here who is or who has studied this degree? I'm hoping to arrange some work experience to see exactly what a radiographer does. Is the course terribly difficult? Could one manage without having studied Physics? I also read online that one would need not be adverse to "smelly people or bodily fluids" ? Could someone elaborate, I thought it was just x-ray taking no?? Job prospects? Any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Liloooney

Hey! i'm in 6th year doing the leaving cert and trying my best to get the points for radiography in UCD. the points are really high(525 and increasing every year) and i'm worried i won't get them, so i was wondering, apart from going to northern Ireland or england, are there any alternative ways of getting into radiography?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 shanieboy01

no sorry, there is not. It is a protected profession and so you need the qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DIT do a photography course, it's like that with a bit of physics really. >_>

You do lots of diagnostic imaging, MRI, CT scans, Cat Scans, PET scans, and x-rays.

Modules you study

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ladymolly

hey,does anyone have any tips for the mature appliciant interview for radiography?I have the interview on 31st of may and getting nervous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DJMousehand

Im looking for work experience in all dublin hospitals and I keep been told that they wont allow observation unless its part of work course placements??

Im applying as a mature student. Has anyone any advice on how or where I could get the opportunity to observe the work of a radiographer? Thanks very much

• Advertisement

garymcnul wrote: »
    Im looking for work experience in all dublin hospitals and I keep been told that they wont allow observation unless its part of work course placements??

Im applying as a mature student. Has anyone any advice on how or where I could get the opportunity to observe the work of a radiographer? Thanks very much
    Well to do de interview for mature entry to radiography u need to do placement in a radiography dept!try st James der nice and I got a few days wit em

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BecJ

ladymolly wrote: »
    Well to do de interview for mature entry to radiography u need to do placement in a radiography dept!try st James der nice and I got a few days wit em

Hi ladymolly, i've just secured a few days work exp in St. James, any tips for me? Also how did you get on in your interview, did you get a place this year? Aiming for next year but i know how difficult it is to get in!!

BecJ wrote: »

Hi ladymolly, i've just secured a few days work exp in St. James, any tips for me? Also how did you get on in your interview, did you get a place this year? Aiming for next year but i know how difficult it is to get in!!
    Hey,sweet they are very nice in st James!bring a note pad with u and take down de procedures u see!no I didnt get a place this year but i was happy enough to get down to de interview stage,I'll be applying like yourself next year!they recommended me to apply to the access to science course in ucd so i have applied for it!I'm hoping all I was missing was the science!

BecJ wrote: »

Hey,sweet they are very nice in st James!bring a note pad with u and take down de procedures u see!no I didnt get a place this year but i was happy enough to get down to de interview stage,I'll be applying like yourself next year!they recommended me to apply to the access to science course in ucd so i have applied for it!I'm hoping all I was missing was the science!
    Oh get a letter from st James at de end stating what you have seen and that u wer der u will need that for de interview!

Advertisement