Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk Response Times

Options
  • 27-04-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a pretty straightforward request for assistance in helpdesk 1 week ago. As yet I haven't received a reply. I followed up with another post on thread 2 days ago which was never approved. There have been other threads approved in the same time so it's not like the mods were off line.

A quick perusal of the front page of helpdesk shows quite a few zeros in the replies column. Is this an acceptable amount of time to wait for an answer?

I didn't want to have to revert to feedback but seeing as the helpdesk mods don't seem bothered then at least it might get some attention here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sorry about that Aidric.

for myself, I regularly do a quick scan through helpdesk and answer what I can (time permitting) or approve a post from someone else if its helpful to the poster. I'm sure the other admins do the same. Currently we dont have an admin dedicated to helpdesk - I'm not sure we should lump that on any one person - and we are sort of re-arranging ourselves so some thigns have fallen through the cracks. with mid-terms etc I'm sure some of the admins have more than the usual handfuls in RL right now as well :)

I'll either post an answer to your question tonight or bring it to the attention of someone who knows better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is Helpdesk gone from the Sys menu?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Des wrote: »
    Is Helpdesk gone from the Sys menu?

So it would seem, others have reported it, and I see it gone too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Still in mine FWIW. Running the beta skin thingy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm running old skool Green Skin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Is there an answer to the OP question? Or is it a fluid process?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Things in Help Desk have sped up a lot since this thread was started. Spear and Shield were added as mods of HD a while back. Posts get approved much faster now (in general). Some queries can be answered by regular users, others by mods or admins.

Technical queries should be made in Site Development so the tech team can get to them faster.

Account stuff sometimes takes longer, but serious questions there should be e-mailed to the Community Managers in the office.

I have a query sitting in the helpdesk since the 23rd Dec with not even an acknowledgment that they are looking into my query and will be back with a reply. I tried bumping the thread up today but my bump post hasn't got approval over 6 hours later. Is that an improvement?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have a query sitting in the helpdesk since the 23rd Dec with not even an acknowledgment that they are looking into my query and will be back with a reply. I tried bumping the thread up today but my bump post hasn't got approval over 6 hours later. Is that an improvement?

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because no-one has an answer to give. I for one, have no idea on a process for hosted forums, nor do I recall a new being created for many years.

Spear wrote: »
    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because no-one has an answer to give. I for one, have no idea on a process for hosted forums, nor do I recall a new being created for many years.

I don't think many do to be honest, I asked a question in another guise along similar lines about hosted forums and I did get the impression that the help desk mod was rather confused with their own answer. :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think many do to be honest, I asked a question in another guise along similar lines about hosted forums and I did get the impression that the help desk mod was rather confused with their own answer. :pac:

What thread was that?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was it coincidence that Spear and Shield were assigned as the first line of newbie defence?

Was it coincidence that Spear and Shield were assigned as the first line of newbie defence?

Noticed that myself, Sceptre and Trojan are the other two. Some admin read too much military history me thinks before appointing mods. Pickarooney doesn't have quite the military ring to it.:pac:

Noticed that myself, Sceptre and Trojan are the other two. Some admin read too much military history me thinks before appointing mods. Pickarooney doesn't have quite the military ring to it.:pac:

Shield wasn't called Shield at the time, but we've got a theme now and we're sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They were all big fans of Gladiator.

I suppose we should be grateful that they weren't followers of Animal Farm

Advertisement