Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyne 10km Drogheda 1/5/2011

• 27-04-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Race website
    Last years thread

Hi all,
    Anybody doing this on Sunday? It's at 7pm.
    I'm not, as will be helping out, but the other half is doing it.
    Lovely course, have run it several times in the last few weeks.

p.s. Hope this is not a repeat thread, I did a search and could only find last years topic.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 14 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    85%
    PaulieClouthandproudhf4z6sqo7vjngipistol_75HuntingDrogDiggy78chez-moimadoncaseyjones1ac20pearse99Shoe Lover 12 votes
    3 stars (average)
    14%
    m.j.wMacanri 2 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

3 stars (average)
    Yea im running it, thought there would have been a thread here about it but there has not been. Been training for a good while but just ran it there on thursday for the first time, lovely run but the amount of midgeys on the way back along the river is a disaster. Looking forward to sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

4 stars (good)
    Yes I'm running it as well. Did it last year and liked it. Think it will be even better starting and finishing in the town centre.

What is the course like in terms of hills or is it fairly flat for those of you that have run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

4 stars (good)
    Well we don't have that killer hill up to Rathmullen Road that we had at the beginning last year, but we do have a fairly long drag of a hill up Mell which goes on for about 1km and it's about the 2km mark. Also there are a couple of small hills, one after you go under the Boyne Cable Bridge and have to go back up onto the main road, that's steepish, and then Dominic St is a bit of a hill. And then the finish line is up a very slight hill too :D
    Sorry you asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

4 stars (good)
    yep am doing it too. haven't been training with a new baby in the house, so not really as fit as last year. However, i'll be taking it real handy and just jog around it on Sunday. looking fwd to it.

different route to last year although some sections are being used again. No real hills (although might tell u different on Sunday night......).

Should be really enjoyable to be jogging from Oldbridge back into town along the ramparts with everyone. Hope the town comes out in numbers and cheers!

Anybody know if and where the water-stations will be?

BTW - best of luck to u all running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

4 stars (good)
    I've registered for it, but haven't been doing any running at all since the GIR, due to sore feet, which is a pity as it's my 'hometown' race...

The route is really nice, Mell will be tough and if it's warm, the flies will be out in force on the way back in along the river (might even be worth wearing one of those mouth scarf thingies :D).

Best of all - pints and BBQ in McPhails afterwards to wash down all the flies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

hi can you register on the night and if so what time is last register at

4 stars (good)
    theduke1 wrote: »
    hi can you register on the night and if so what time is last register at

from the website......"Late entries will be accepted up to Sunday 5pm on a first come first served basis. Please go to the late entry desk at the Laurence Town Centre. The late entry fee is 30.00. Cash or cheque only."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

3 stars (average)
    Doing this too. Another hometown lad. I will be in my Raheny gear - say hello if you see me. There will be other Raheny lads though.

3 stars (average)
    Congrats to Drogheda & Distric AC on putting on a great race. The weather was great ( a bit windy however), the marshals were on the ball and encouraging, the crowd in Drogheda had a great set of lungs on them, and the Samba band provided great running rhythm, the course was honest (but the ramppart section was tough running due to the wind and the gritty surface). And then afterwards into the Laurence SC for t-shirt, massage, tea/coffee and loads of sandwiches & cake. A great race - Drogheda, I'll be back.

PS move the finish line - I don't like finishing up a hill! :) (very fussy)

I don't see any results - can someone post a link when they see them, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

3 stars (average)
    Macanri wrote: »
    Congrats to Drogheda & Distric AC on putting on a great race. The weather was great ( a bit windy however), the marshals were on the ball and encouraging, the crowd in Drogheda had a great set of lungs on them, and the Samba band provided great running rhythm, the course was honest (but the ramppart section was tough running due to the wind and the gritty surface). And then afterwards into the Laurence SC for t-shirt, massage, tea/coffee and loads of sandwiches & cake. A great race - Drogheda, I'll be back.

PS move the finish line - I don't like finishing up a hill! :) (very fussy)

Agree completely, was a great day! The rampart section was tough and seemed to go on forever. I went of to fast going up mell and suffered for it on the way back, was a stuggle to get to the finish line but the marshals and the crowd kept me going. Will be doing it again next year for sure!

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Well organised. The public really came out and supported it this year. Better route than last year too. Some turn out-heard someone say there was just under 1100 runners. Tks to D&D AC for organising a super night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

4 stars (good)
    Well done to all concerned on a really well run race. Marshalls and supporters were excellent. Found it tough with that last 5k into what was a stiff wind. I really liked the course though, even though it was bloody hillier than I expected at times. Got a pb but just failed to get under the 40 min mark I was after (I'll blame that on the wind and not my bottle :D) Loved the uphill finish, made me imagine I was running at Cheltenham :p. Well done to the organisers.

3 stars (average)
    Link to results - hope it works. PB for me by 29 secs!

http://www.boyne10k.ie/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/boyne10k_2011.pdf

4 stars (good)
    It was a great day for our club, really and truly the work members put in to organise it was something else, and you could see that yesterday.
    McPhails was jammed with runners last night, I left at 2am and it was still hopping, great to see.
    Glad you got your pb macanri, it wasn't an easy run by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

4 stars (good)
    +1. Great atmosphere, great crowd, good route and loadsa Pints afterwards. Can't ask for more. 5 mins faster than GIR too, which was nice

3 stars (average)
    It was a great day for our club, really and truly the work members put in to organise it was something else, and you could see that yesterday.
    McPhails was jammed with runners last night, I left at 2am and it was still hopping, great to see.
    Glad you got your pb macanri, it wasn't an easy run by any means.

Cheers CJ,
    Yea a well run race - the effort put in showed on the day.

Would have loved to be around McPhail's after it alright - next year.

Are you tackling any races over the summer yourself CJ1?

4 stars (good)
    @ Macanri, I'd say next year will be even better, hopefully will get to run it myself.
    I've a few races to tip away at, Dunshaughlin 10k, Bohermeen 5k, maybe the adidas series and will hopefully do the marathon again, all going well. I did a 5k in Dundalk a few weeks ago though and have had very niggly shins ever since so need to sort that out since, think a new pair of 'go-faster' racing runners were to blame :rolleyes:
    What about yourself?

3 stars (average)
    @ Macanri, I'd say next year will be even better, hopefully will get to run it myself.
    I've a few races to tip away at, Dunshaughlin 10k, Bohermeen 5k, maybe the adidas series and will hopefully do the marathon again, all going well. I did a 5k in Dundalk a few weeks ago though and have had very niggly shins ever since so need to sort that out since, think a new pair of 'go-faster' racing runners were to blame :rolleyes:
    What about yourself?

Hey CJ,
    You have plenty to keep you busy there alright. All the best with them and the marathon training. "again" - how many marathons have you done?
    Yea, for some reason its always when you switch into some new footwear that these niggles can make themselves known. I went from Asics Keyanos to Brooks Adrenline a few months back and had to revert to the Adidas - so I'm sticking to what I know is good for me for now.

I have signed up for the sprint tri at Port Beach (run by Pulse Tri Club) it was a great race last year. I have another few tris pencilled in too but haven't signed up yet.
    On the running front I would like to give my 5km PB a bit of a revision so will be doing 1 or 2 5kms, and maybe another 10km. I was thinking of Dunshaughlin. Nothing to concrete yet so must get signed up to 1 or 2.
    Cheers.

4 stars (good)
    Hi, sorry macanri, am only seeing this now?
    I did my first marathon last year and would like to do it a bit faster this year please god, but other commitments might get in the way.
    Haven't been getting out much the last few weeks as we are finishing a building project at home and I seem to get stuck over there a lot. Hopefully once we move home again normal training will resume (fingers crossed 'cos I am gone to the dogs altogether!). I train at kung fu as well though and haven't been missing that so hopefully haven't lost too much fitness. Have to do the damned women's mini marathon on Monday though :eek: god I hate that race haha.
    I'll probably see you at one of the local races over the next few months, hope your tri goes well.
    Talk to you soon. :D

Advertisement