Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to join a field hockey team in Dublin

• 28-04-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm 37 and looking to join a field hockey team in South Dublin. Haven't played for many years. Can anyone recommend a team?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

I would recommend heading down to some of the summer hockey nights over the summer at your local club not exactly well organised in most cases but an easy introduction back into the game. There are loads of clubs in south Dublin I'd say 10+ have a look at hockey.ie and see the list of clubs in your area also keep an eye on hookhockey.com as it's updated with news regularly. If you haven't played in a while it might be better going to one of the bigger clubs as they will have a broader spectrum of teams but small clubs are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

dragonkin wrote: »
    I would recommend heading down to some of the summer hockey nights over the summer at your local club not exactly well organised in most cases but an easy introduction back into the game. There are loads of clubs in south Dublin I'd say 10+ have a look at hockey.ie and see the list of clubs in your area also keep an eye on hookhockey.com as it's updated with news regularly. If you haven't played in a while it might be better going to one of the bigger clubs as they will have a broader spectrum of teams but small clubs are great too.
    Thanks dragonkin,
    I'm heading down to Pembroke on Wednesday for the Summer Hockey. The aim is to use the programme to get fit and learn the ropes again, ready for the new season. I've contacted a handful of local clubs via email for new player requests. I've had one reply so far, so it's looking positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Glenanne in Tallaght will most likely be running a summer hockey night a week over the summer again this year and are always looking for new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rolo34

Hey there,
    check out Bray Hockey Club. We have a bootcamp and then half an hour of mixed hockey on a Tuesday night. We are running it free till the end of May. Its in Loreto Bray from 7.30-8.00 for the fitness and then 8.00-8.30. We have had all standards and ages of people up from beginners to people that havent played since school. If you want to pop up its no problem or you can contact us on bray.hockey@gmail.com for more information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seethrough

There is mixed summer hockey on every monday evening from 7.30 - 8.30pm in High School in Rathgar, starting on Monday, 13th June & running up until the start of pre-season training. It's only €2 on the night or €10 on the first night which will cover you for the whole summer. Everyone is welcome and great atmosphere.

Here's where its on:

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=53.306442,-6.272979&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=53.306743,-6.273204&sspn=0.003167,0.010568&ie=UTF8&ll=53.306429,-6.272979&spn=0.003167,0.010568&t=h&z=17

PM me if you want more info about it or about joining clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 garlicmayo

PJ4 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm 37 and looking to join a field hockey team in South Dublin. Haven't played for many years. Can anyone recommend a team?
    Check out www.avocahockeyclub.com We have summer hockey every Tuesday night or mail info@avocahockeyclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ban an ti

I'm thinking of joining the Guinness women's Team in Crumlin or Terenure..Guinness are always looking for new players..think they start recruiting in August for warmups...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keng5

PJ4 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi, I am in the same boat as you were a year ago. I am located in Terenure and want to get into it after many years off. What club did you end up going with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keng5

seethrough wrote: »
    There is mixed summer hockey on every monday evening from 7.30 - 8.30pm in High School in Rathgar, starting on Monday, 13th June & running up until the start of pre-season training. It's only €2 on the night or €10 on the first night which will cover you for the whole summer. Everyone is welcome and great atmosphere.

Here's where its on:

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=53.306442,-6.272979&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=53.306743,-6.273204&sspn=0.003167,0.010568&ie=UTF8&ll=53.306429,-6.272979&spn=0.003167,0.010568&t=h&z=17

PM me if you want more info about it or about joining clubs

Hi, is this going on again Summer 2012? I am 32, havent played in years but want to get back into it, plus Im out of shape! Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

Keng5 wrote: »
    Hi, is this going on again Summer 2012? I am 32, havent played in years but want to get back into it, plus Im out of shape! Thx

I'd say it will be have a look at www.rathgarhc.com for information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement