Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival

Options
  • 28-04-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

The Theatre festival starts on Monday whats everyone looking forward to seeing I cant wait to see Bette/ Cavette love Bette Davis and cant wait to see the 70s commercials.
    And as a lesbian, Saliva in the shorts looks great :P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Really want to see the production of Mysterious Skin as I loved the book and film. Probabaly go to see something a little more light hearted to counterbalance that one. Went to see (rather I was dragged as I hate musicals) Oklahomo last year and it was A-mazing. (Had to eat my words then :()

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

Was out last night in Panti bar and Front lounge and was amazed to see how many volunteers the Theatre festival have this year, promoting all the shows!

I'm not a Theatre goer normally, so cant say I know a lot about these things, but the little booklet they were handing out, contains a short review on each of the plays. Does anyone know where I can can another copy????

Anyway, the guy who approached my friends and I in the front lounge was just brilliant, he asked what our tastes might be, of course, I-like many Irish people love a laugh, so comedy and musical was on my top list.

Derek was his name, and honestly he went through each of the shows spending a good few mins explaining them each to an extent that we were cracking up already!

TOP of my list is

"The screw you Revue": They are 2 America guys from Florida, and having read the review and see there pics i have it booked already! Derek also mentioned they are meant to be on in the George tonight - giving some kind of preview - any know what time????????????????????????

"Lashings of Ginger Beer time":

(mmm Ginger Beer, ages since I had one of those!)

This one I think might be aimed at the ladies some what, but from the review Burlesque is something that catches a wide audience and judging from this dialogue described in this acts review, this lady is very sexy and has my mouth watering already!
    Im a feminist, so I love the ladies and on top of that,this act covers a random of open and expressive topics from LGBT, vanilla, dance,comedy, PVC, Cabaret, song, dance, hop, skip and jump... This one ticks my "box"
    !!

Ladies make sure you book it though as Derek mentioned that its sighted to be sold out soon!

" Amy sings the icons" and "Memoirs of a Gayshow"

If your the type that hummm's along to the theme tune of Eastender's, love a sing along or have a love of Music, well these two will be right up your street! Soap box aside there is nothing serial about these pair of acts, as they just both look fab! Both very different, but check out the reviews yourself on the Theatre website.

Theres so much in the festival this year - honestly, covering topics from Depression in Our Society, Gay Rights, Romance, Love, Sex, Extreme Nudity (Giselle- I think its guy's only judging by the pic!!), young lives, comedy, Strong Drama, Serious, Irish, and Com-ic-al... Ive read through the brochure Looks amazing!!

Hope this has helped:

Anyone know if there are any previews/ tit bits before the fest starts properly?? So excited.

WWW.GAYTHEATRE.IE

STARTS MONDAY 2ND MAY - 15 TH

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

Rachiee wrote: »
    And as a lesbian, Saliva in the shorts looks great :P

Hmmmm!! Shorts? lol

Bette/Cavette - Just read review on it, looks amazing!!

Its about the life of Betty Davis! I was laughing at the picture of it as it almost looks like some aul one youd see selling flowers on Moore street, having a drink after a hard days work - smoke in the hand... If you like Humour - youll love that!!

Id say this one is strong!! From the review Id say, the Dialogue to be similar to Joan Rivers, punchy and comical... No holding back! Touches on some sexual topics about loosing her virginity... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kustomized.ie

Hmmmm!! Shorts? lol

If you are someone whome isnt a theatre goer normally why say this?

Did you see the shorts?

Advertisement