Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best quality for encoding? Also looking for video editor

• 28-04-2011 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, im trying to figure out what is the best quality for rendering a video. At the moment i am rendering it to mpeg-4 and it's turning out like this.

http://youtu.be/SAZFGtmj2RI

i'm looking for better quality then that, i am using a flip HD

Also looking for someone to help edit for a fee.
    Lmk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I've always found h264 to be a nice balance between quality and file size.

Also can you give some details on what you need edited? I have a full editing suite so can probably help you out, just need to know the details first. Either reply up here or drop me a pm

Cheers,

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

It didnt look too bad to me for a lower quality consumer camera. I think you did the best you could with that render. if its widescreen footage i find the only formats thhat render with the widescreen(16:9)flag ,,as in,making it look widescreen instead of squashing it up to normal 4:3 ratio, , are mpeg2, wmv and h.264. h.264 is best for compression.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davesneddon

To make it easy for yourself there is a handy program called 'HandBrake' which can automatically encode your video for best quality for web upload.

Google it, it might be of use to you. So export it at the highest quality, ie maybe as a .mov file and then use the 'web optimization' feature in the program to give you your best quality.

Advertisement