Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i jailbreak my iphone 4?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭inkogneetoe

LukeS_ wrote: »
    For instance I have this tweak that allows me to sync my music from my PC to my iPhone without the need for iTunes. Simple drag and drop. There are too many nice little tweaks to mention. It's actually legal to jailbreak, if you didn't know. ;)

I use RhythmBox in Ubuntu to drag/drop music onto my iPhone.No jailbreak required.

As for the jailbreak being legal. As far as Im aware thats only in the US due to a recent court ruling,further still it may only be in particular states in the US that that court ruling applies.

For the moment in Ireland you can not legally jailbreak your phone. However I disagree very much with this. The phone is your property and you can put what ever software you want on it. eg I have a DELL laptop running Ubuntu. Can you imagine dell telling me it was illegal to run any software other than what they supply. Further still,imagine them tell Enterprise customers that they void any warranty if they don't install software DELL approve.

A ruling from the European courts is in order on this.

Rant over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I did it to my iPhone 3GS, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. The SBSettings is the only thing that I've found useful. The themes seem pretty naff in general, and don't seem to react well when folders are opened (i.e. the original wallpaper is displayed, not the theme wallpaper).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 reddivil

Eoin wrote: »
    The themes seem pretty naff in general, and don't seem to react well when folders are opened .

a few are guilty of this but keep looking , some are really complete packages. and just change your existing wallpaper to suit the new theme if the old one stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

One theme I recommend is called PrestigeHD. I don't think there's one aspect the creator didn't cover and it has some nice little features like weather on the wallpaper etc.

Btw the app for dragging and dropping on Windows is called 'PwnTunes'. There's also a nice tweak called 'Celeste'. That makes it possible to send/receive songs/videos/photos/files over Bluetooth which as you already know, you can't normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cheers - I'll keep looking. I'm sure there are great themes out there, it's just that I've not really seen a huge amount in general to convince me that jailbreaking is the must-do thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Love the video...

Interviewer

"So Whats your favorite thing about JB

Girl

"I love the unicode Slider..I love Unicode"

Wow

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The only reason I jailbroke was to tether with MiWi but with the recent update that allows you do it I rarely use it now.

Advertisement