Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD abroad

Options
  • 28-04-2011 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi

I interested in doing a PhD abroad but I don't really know about going about it. I have applied for a few in Ireland but I would be interested in going to Germany. The field is Computer Science. I am just wondering does anybody have any experience applying for PhDs in Germany or where i could get information on programms. Some of the univserity websites dont have much information on open phd positions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

I am starting a PhD in Germany in September. In Germany PhD positions seems to centre on advertised studentships rather than self-led projects. All driven by the univeristy rather than the student. Yet there is increasing diversity in the German PhD. From what I can see there are few comprehensive scholarships listing. There are some certainly websites out though http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/

Lots of targeted Google searches was my strategy.

Advertisement