Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Zelda - A link to the past (snes)

Options
  • 28-04-2011 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone has this i`ll see what I can offer.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looking for this for months myself.. its very expensive on ebay! haha. good luck with the hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I think I have a few copies of this at home. One is definitely still sealed in the box and one is used to play, if I have a third I'll trade it.
    Will check later this evening and let you know.

id be looking for a boxed one myself, not a still sealed one mind you i want to play and dont really go for this still sealed buisness. ive kept my eye on ebay the last while but im not paying 60quid for a game! Ill leave nuxx to trade for it if you have one as its his thread.

I got the one that's still sealed in the box for 4.50 euro in a second hand shop in Galway about 4 years ago. I was a happy man, nice bargain while there for a hiking weekend. I paid with a fiver and said he could keep the change :D

I'm not mad into collecting games that are still sealed in boxes myself but if I see one for a decent price I'll grab it. I do have a few games and consoles still sealed in boxes but nothing crazy, I think!

That was a total steal. I would never turn down anything like that myself but some people selling sealed games for 100 quid, i would never waste money on those, i like to play my games. but yeh, 5 quid was a great find!

• Advertisement

Just wish I had a SNES to play it :(

My SNES and NES died during a house move. One box with a few retro bits got crushed so I'm on the look out at the moment for a very good condition SNES and NES.

Doh, Ive a great SNES i picked up of Landsleaving, Its a boxed streetfighter2 Turbo in amazing condition. By far my favorite console. Ive 3 NES, 1 great condition and working, one turns on but nothing comes up on screen and ive a boxed one on the way that i dont know if it works yet. I might end up trading one if i have two working when the new one arrives.

Well I'm just home and checked the game. I have the sealed boxed one and the one I use for play, no third one I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    I got the one that's still sealed in the box for 4.50 euro in a second hand shop in Galway about 4 years ago. I was a happy man, nice bargain while there for a hiking weekend. I paid with a fiver and said he could keep the change :D

What?!

I never understand how things like that are even possible. If one of (if not the) best snes games is sealed, it's usually because a collector wanted to keep it that way from buying it new. Therefore the collector will know what it's worth and won't give it to a charity shop.

So how does a charity shop end up with a sealed copy? It really makes no sense. Amazing find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    What?!

I never understand how things like that are even possible. If one of (if not the) best snes games is sealed, it's usually because a collector wanted to keep it that way from buying it new. Therefore the collector will know what it's worth and won't give it to a charity shop.

So how does a charity shop end up with a sealed copy? It really makes no sense. Amazing find.

Well, I used to ask this alot, and later found out that alot of people die before their time and their next of kin tend to give away their stuff,
    morbidly oblivious to the small fortune they're throwing away, and then people like me come along and profit from their misery....Anyways, I guess that's one reason, another being that some people are just a bit dim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How the hell is LttP expensive on eBay? :confused:

The game sold over 4.6 million copies worldwide (with 5 consecutive years at no.1).
    It's not "rare" in any sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How the hell is LttP expensive on eBay? :confused:

The game sold over 4.6 million copies worldwide (with 5 consecutive years at no.1).
    It's not "rare" in any sense of the word.

I was thinking something similar yesterday when I saw a guy pay €54.99 for a copy of FFVII Platinum for the PS1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

@OP

think I have 2 versions a US non-boxed and a PAL boxed with manual.
    Just need to check whats in the attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

baz909 wrote: »
    @OP

think I have 2 versions a US non-boxed and a PAL boxed with manual.
    Just need to check whats in the attic.

Sound, If your willing to let it go sure let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Why not just download the Link to the Past ROM and the SNES emulator.

JackNow wrote: »
    Why not just download the Link to the Past ROM and the SNES emulator.

That defeats the purpose of collecting Retro games! Im sure most people here have all them already. its not the same though.

keithgeo wrote: »
    That defeats the purpose of collecting Retro games! Im sure most people here have all them already. its not the same though.

Yeah, I've said before I'm a fan of emulation but its never the same as actually having and playing the original game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement