Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I met bythewoods in d|two while wearing a black hoodie and a black dead kennedys tshirt, most night clubs just dont seem to give a shít about clothes!

I was also sober in d|two that night, and had one of the best nights I ever had in a club :)

Nights I enjoy the most are the random nights that you dont plan on going out, unless that involves the palace, which is a horrible place...... >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Bythewoods, you sound like some banter wagon.. I'm jealous.

The only times I ever get to go out are every couple of weeks because I've to pretend to study.. :(

Last time I was out me and my friends pretended to be from France until some real French people came up and were all like "Ou habitez-vous en Francais?" and we were all like "eeeh.. JE M'APELLE CLARENCE" and ran away..

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I think a healthy balance of clubs, pubs and house partys is the way to go. Just going to clubs all of the time is depressing while never going to clubs leaves me with an itch that can only be scratched with some hardcore fist pumping and dodgy chat up lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Fad wrote: »
    Nights I enjoy the most are the random nights that you dont plan on going out, unless that involves the palace, which is a horrible place...... >_<
    Exactly! I always find the best nights out are nearly always the one where I'm really just kinda dragging myself to go out with the mentality "ahh, if this is crap, I'll go home early". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

I'll go out to a nightclub every now and then, all in all its not really my think and i always get started by some hard man that can hardly stand up. House parties are better craic to be honest especially if you know a lot of them but if im out for a few drinks there are plenty of students bars round here.

I've done the whole shift everything that moves routine as well as enjoying the bouts of tonsilitis afterwards, snaking a nice girl you really like is more fun tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I really don't like nightclubs to be honest. Packed ones anyway.

I suppose if there is good music and as long as it's not packed to the gills like a local one I know.

I prefer music venues and a good pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

****in poxy rather just hang around my estate. goin 2 a club like wright venue is a gd laff every once in a while but do not know how some people go out 3 times a week!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

bythewoods wrote: »
    I used to think the same, until I recently broke my arm and lacerated my scalp in a nightclub. Somehow, don't remember any of the intricate (or broad) details.

How did you manage that? :D

Weirdly, I don't think I've ever managed to injure myself.

Not a fracture or anything. Some soreness maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nightclubs are fair sh1te most of the time. Cant beat a good house session for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

flyswatter wrote: »
    Weirdly, I don't think I've ever managed to injure myself.

I got spiked and I woke up with bruises eeeeeeeeeeeeverywhere... Like, only for the fact I know who was looking after me, I actually would have thought something serious had haappened me.

Wasn't able to drink for months afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I got spiked and I woke up with bruises eeeeeeeeeeeeverywhere... Like, only for the fact I know who was looking after me, I actually would have thought something serious had haappened me.

Wasn't able to drink for months afterwards.

You came out and drank two weeks later with me :p I remember those Kopperberg pints you had :p You were still bruised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I tend to shy away from them and stick to my local. The nightclub(s) - I use that term loosely, one is semi-permanently closed (why is beyond me, there's a market there), another's an 'old' crowd and the most popular is a cattle mart with pints installed. They're jam-packed, play music that I don't like and which is generally ****e, miserable bouncers, and serve overpriced beer. When we do go there we go to the smoking area which is an improvement and even then the night ends in an anti-climax.

I prefer to stay on in my local pub much more. Music's better somewhat, staff are friendlier, and I usually meet a few people I know. Most of all, it's much more comfortable in there. I've had vastly superior nights by far in pubs than nightclubs.

You came out and drank two weeks later with me :p I remember those Kopperberg pints you had :p You were still bruised though.

Didn't I only have like one or two?
    Uuuuuugh.
    Take note kids, watch your drinks! There are some things you should never see and the lining of your own stomach is one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Take note kids, watch your drinks! There are some things you should never see and the lining of your own stomach is one of them!

^^^^^^
    Trufax. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I was just thinking about this the other day actually. Did a bit of counting. Haven't been in a nightclub in nearly 16 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jhax

Clubs attract idiots. Not a fan of them but all my friends go so theres nothing I can really do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I have a mixed opinion on nightclubs, like they can be really good but then they can be really boring too!

I was out the other night dancing with a bunch of friends and a mutual friend introduced me to a girl and we instantly hit it off chatting for hours. Those nights can be good but then the really crap nights are dreadful!

H'on the Lodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I like the idea of them, meeting new people, having a laugh but they are actually boring because people just stick to their own groups.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I like the idea of them, meeting new people, having a laugh but they are actually boring because people just stick to their own groups.

Most places are too loud for a decent conversation, unless you smoke. Not my scene at all! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't really like them. Ironic, really, it's going to a club that got me and the boy together. I'd much rather a late bar with some live music or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Most places are too loud for a decent conversation, unless you smoke. Not my scene at all! :o

I don't smoke but the smoking area is one of the only places I have fun in a nightclub. It's actually possible to say more than four words to a person out there...

Nightclubs are fine if your sole purpose of going out is to get hammered (I'm not condemning that by the way, I've done it before, will do it again, don't see the problem with doing it every now and again), but otherwise I prefer bars.

Though my opinion may be tainted by the ones I've been in. Angel Lane would kind of put you off them all. :P

Trooms was the shpot though. RIP Trooms. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Trooms was the shpot though. RIP Trooms. :(

When was the last time you were out in Limerick? Trooms is back! :eek: It's called Crush 87 now. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

When was the last time you were out in Limerick? Trooms is back! :eek: It's called Crush 87 now. :confused:

You what?! I'd heard they'd opened the bar back up as Orchard, never heard of this Crush you speak of! :eek:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You what?! I'd heard they'd opened the bar back up as Orchard, never heard of this Crush you speak of! :eek:

I like the Orchard bar, now that you mention it. They re-opened the nightclub beside it about 6 weeks ago.

Crush is AWFUL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Angel Lane was great for the first few months of college...my god it was mighty...kinda meh now but still can't wait to hit it again in Sept....although it's Lux now or something?
    I much prefer it to Mollies though which is always too packed and sloppy and full of dirty sweaty people with no respect etc... smoking area in Mollies is great though :rolleyes:

Quite interested in the revamped trinity rooms place besides the hideous name...The Orchard is a nice enough place, the fountain is a hazard though!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I think it really depends on the crowd where you go as to whether you'll have a good night or not. I'm not really a nightclub fan at all. Costello's is the only club (if you can even call it that) in Limerick that I'll gladly go to. I was never a fan of Trinity Rooms for some reason. Angel Lane - went there once, never again! Molly's used to be a good laugh a few years ago (aside from the never changing playlist) and I'm always curious as to what it's like now.

Unusually for me, I actually like the smoking area of clubs. I don't smoke but most of the friends that I usually go out with do so I invariably end up out there with them. They're more relaxed than inside the club and you can actually have a decent conversation in them.

I much prefer late bars or pubs with good background music where you can actually talk to people without having to shout. What I like most though is a good house party. I'd pick one over a nightclub any night. Except Costello's. That place has a piece of my soul :p

tl;dr - go to Costello's, Flan needs your fivers!

tl;dr - go to Costello's, Flan needs your fivers!

C&H Limerick beers some night in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Fantastic idea! This should definitely happen. I've never been to a Boards Beers.

• Advertisement

OH MY GOD YES THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement