Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBR250 question

• 28-04-2011 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

If I baught a cbr250 and went to get it insured would I have to show quinn or AON a restriction cert? (prov licence)
    I know the bike needs to be 33bhp legally but Im just wondering could I get away without doing it.
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Old or new?

The new ones are under the 33BHP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

old!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It'll need to be restricted then.

There's no legal requirement for a restriction cert. but it's anyone's guess what the clowns at Quinn Direct will ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

KamiKazi wrote: »
    It'll need to be restricted then.

There's no legal requirement for a restriction cert. but it's anyone's guess what the clowns at Quinn Direct will ask for.

What about AON? They give me the best quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Predator_ wrote: »
    What about AON? They give me the best quote

not sure about AON but quinn are asking for certs... I think i head AON do too but again, not 100%..

Anyway, a restrictor is only 250 quid, it's worth having just incase you get pulled by the garda- it wont do too much to the bike as at this age it will not be placing more than 33bhp anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

on another note, 90% of cbr's are heaps o ****e because of there age and because they are mainly used by learner drivers... have you looked at all options? what are are you? If you are over 21 a SV650 might be the way to go... you keep the sporty look and gain extra power

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

you will be asked for it by quinn... they hounded me for the cert, two days after i sent in the cert i was getting c*nts calling me at 09:05 bitching that i didn't have it and my insurance was now void, until i politely told them to look at there fax machine and they'd see it was there the last two days gathering dust, since then no hassle though.

although if your on a prov licence they might just give you a stupid quote so they dont have to insure you on the ALMIGHTY Cbr.

Advertisement