Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused Special Offer in Halfords

Options
  • 28-04-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I received an email from Halfords offering trade card members 30% off 5l of oil and a free screwdriver set. I went to Halfords Navan store, selected my oil and went to pay, the girl scanned in the oil after I gave her my card and asked for the money, I then said "I thought there was a special offer ? she said not for trade card customers, I explained I got the email and she got annoyed and went and got the screwdriver set and scanned it in too, it added €10 0r €11 (cant remember now) to the total, she said "told ya" . I then left the shop thinking maybe I made a mistake, checked the email and it clear states -

Dear Halfords Trade Member
    Right now, for a limited period only, take advantage of exclusive trade card deals. There's an incredible
    30% off Halfords oil plus a free screwdriver set worth £9.99! As well as great offers on Halfords tools and metal storage. These exclusive offers are available now until 28th April.
    We offer unbeatable trade prices, so start making savings today by visiting your local Halfords store.
    The Halfords Trade Team

Who should I take this up with ? store manager or head office ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Check the T & C on it. Given that the price is in GBP, I would imagine it's an offer only for UK trade customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

seamus wrote: »
    Check the T & C on it. Given that the price is in GBP, I would imagine it's an offer only for UK trade customers.
    I thought the same, this is whats on the email -

Terms & Conditions

Lifetime Guarantee on Halfords Professional tools only. Ask in-store for further details.
    Some smaller stores and ROI stores may close earlier. Please check your local store or halfords.com for opening times.
    If you can find the same product cheaper and within 7 days and within 20 miles of the store we will match the price, even against trade outlets. We will not match prices on orders placed by phone. Excludes internet and mail order. Savings are quoted as trade cards prices versus retail store prices at Halfords Offers valid until 28th April

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I'd go to the store manager , also you should reply to that e-mail and explain what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

^^
    What this man says. Print out a copy of the email and bring it along to show the store manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

or buy in a local motor factors where the prices are probably a lot cheaper anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Halford's UK offers don't seem to coincide with Halford's Irish offers, and they should point this out in their emails so that people here don't get stung.

..as Maxer68 said, your local motor factor is probably cheaper, although the ones that I've dealt with in North Kerry charge you postage to get something that they haven't got in stock, which in some cases makes the total cost more expensive than Halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Their gmail irish ads don't match up with what on their irish website or instore, either. I think its deliberate, I've reported this a few times, but no one seems to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jamfer

I got 30% off when I bought 5l of oil and also got a free screw driver set in my local Halfords recently. I am not a trade card holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

maxer68 wrote: »
    or buy in a local motor factors where the prices are probably a lot cheaper anyway.
    How is that the point?

How is that the point?

I find motor factors much cheaper than halfords even when their "special offers" are taken into account. Save the hassle, save money and support a local business.

Example - halogen bulb for jeep, halfords own brand €16, Motor factors in Newbridge €7 Hellas brand.
    Bosch 20" wipers €13.49 halford, €8 motor factors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

maxer68 wrote: »
    I find motor factors much cheaper than halfords even when their "special offers" are taken into account. Save the hassle, save money and support a local business.

Example - halogen bulb for jeep, halfords own brand €16, Motor factors in Newbridge €7 Hellas brand.
    Bosch 20" wipers €13.49 halford, €8 motor factors.
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with what the OP asked. He was refused an special offer on his trade card - he's asking how to proceed. "Motor factors are cheaper anyway" isn't a relevant answer.

very relevant. Halfords won't give an offer they advertise, their attitude and service was poor, so why give them your business. When a company does not give me what the say they will, I look for alternatives and bring my business elsewhere.

I'm suggest that the OP looks to supporting an alternative business. If enough people did this, companies like halfords would improve their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Hi,

I myself am a Halfords employee and I wish to notify you of 2 reasons why this could of happened:

1) As far as I am aware this promotion is open to any customer of Halfords in Ireland. The fact you gave your trade card cancels the free screwdriver set. As you are unable to claim 2 discounts in one transaction. However I'm unsure as to the 30% off.

2) If you are a trade customer registered in the UK and received the email from [something]@halfords.co.uk then the offer more than likely is not on Irish tills.

I suggest you get in touch with the manager in Navan. And they will be more than happy to help,

Lynchy747

@Jamfer this is exactly what I mean

How is that the point?
    It is a valid point

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Hi,

I myself am a Halfords employee and I wish to notify you of 2 reasons why this could of happened:

1) As far as I am aware this promotion is open to any customer of Halfords in Ireland. The fact you gave your trade card cancels the free screwdriver set. As you are unable to claim 2 discounts in one transaction. However I'm unsure as to the 30% off.

2) If you are a trade customer registered in the UK and received the email from [something]@halfords.co.uk then the offer more than likely is not on Irish tills.

I suggest you get in touch with the manager in Navan. And they will be more than happy to help,

Lynchy747

@Jamfer this is exactly what I mean
    Iv had no time to follow this up yet, but will soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Why the hell would you buy from Halfords when a motor factors would be cheaper in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Irish Fire wrote: »
    Why the hell would you buy from Halfords when a motor factors would be cheaper in the first place

How can you just throw out silly sweeping statements like that? I use a combination of Halfords and motor factors because prices can be up and down in either.

Motor factors are not always cheaper.

How can you just throw out silly sweeping statements like that? I use a combination of Halfords and motor factors because prices can be up and down in either.

I do the same, also halfords gives the opportunity to get things at the last minute with late opening and sunday trading, either way this is about a special offer so why not take advantage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Well maybe you're using the wrong motor factors I've never found them cheaper and yes I shop around. How long have you worked there? :)

I've worked in halfords for nearly a year now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Halfords in Limerick, where is the goddamn store? I'm new to town and I was looking for it at the Tipperary roundabout, where their website says it it, but I couldn't spot it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Cordell wrote: »
    Halfords in Limerick, where is the goddamn store? I'm new to town and I was looking for it at the Tipperary roundabout, where their website says it it, but I couldn't spot it.

its in the eastlink retail park on the ballysimon road in where harvey normon and b and q

Advertisement