Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking - Suggestions what to do with fading

• 28-04-2011 9:33am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks
    A bit of advice please.

Have the deck down about 2 years now, I have oiled it 4 times in the 2 years and cleaned it, not this year yet, but it fades badly to the color you see there in the pics.

Any suggestions on what to do? I don't want to have to paint it as it will ruin it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

i think u took pics of my deck!

we use a Sadonlins wood protector, exterior: its NOT a paint so no sanding required: it comes in different stain colors

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Carlow52 wrote: »
    i think u took pics of my deck!

we use a Sadonlins wood protector, exterior: its NOT a paint so no sanding required: it comes in different stain colors

Don't want to stain it to be honest, when I power clean it, it looks very well again, but even with the varnish I put on it, 2 coats again last year, it didn't hold the color.
    Then again, maybe it doesnt hold it anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

the one we use is a clear version and we just let it fade as the UV will fade most stuff, even in Mayo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

my decking is used as the main walkway into my house and is well worn down on the traffic part but the rest has held up well from last years oiling. I used cupernol deck oil.. Only problem I found was the time it takes to dry and trying to keep my dog/cat off it.

Have done it once a year since it was built and must do it again soon..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

thanks lads.
    Macspower that sound good stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement