Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do people expect a cake at a birthday party?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am planning a surprise birthday party for my boyfriend in the summer. I am going to book a part of a pub for about 100 people (family and friends).

The thing I'm most concerned about is not having a birthday cake. My boyfriend HATES the whole "Happy Birthday" song thing, and I know he would die if everyone started singing it at the party.

I am just wondering how guests think, and would everyone expect a cake or be disappointed of there was none. I know some of the older family members may be looking for one. I was even thinking of maybe getting one, giving it to him away from all the guests, then we can just serve it to them.

I'll probably have to be adamant about this with his mam and stuff, cos she'd just go ahead with the cake cos it's tradition, as opposed to thinking about whether or not he would actually like one or not.

Just wondering what others think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

How bout cupcakes instead? Then theres no "cutting" of a cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Redpunto wrote: »
    How bout cupcakes instead? Then theres no "cutting" of a cake.

that's a brilliant idea

Advertisement