Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike Learner Permit

• 28-04-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

Question from a newbie to boards,
    Could not find an exact thread relating to this issue hope somebody can help!!

My father is looking to get a bike that requires an "A" licence, he has held a lerner permit in the past which he let run out (approx. 3 years ago), does he still have to do the basic training that is required for all new licence holders??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I think he is ok - only needs to do it if he let it expire for 5 years as far as I know... but not 100% on it, ring the shannon, they should be able to help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

As jameshayes above if he had it within the last 5 years he will be OK. If not then he will have to go through the motions of theory test and IBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amc01

Thanks for the help guys,

I rang shannon as jameshayes suggested and he is correct they have a five year cut off so he is ok.

Thanks again!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Damien_d12

if i was driving a moped for the last two years and amassed 2 years no claims under an M licence and I now want to get a 500cc bike, can i avoid this Initial basic training non$en$e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Damien_d12 wrote: »
    if i was driving a moped for the last two years and amassed 2 years no claims under an M licence and I now want to get a 500cc bike, can i avoid this Initial basic training non$en$e?
    Only if you held the A class permit before December 6th last year. If you only had an 'M' permit you'll need to do IBT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement