Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Car

• 28-04-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

Can you please keep a look out for a dark blue 1993 Saab 900 5 door with a CE registration. It was stolen last night in the Castletroy area of Limerick. Its my sister's pride and joy and this is really devastating for her. Its safe return will be most welcomed.

Please call the crime stoppers 1800 250 025 or contact your local Garda station.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

****in scumbags :mad:

I will keep an eye out for it. Fingers crossed she gets it back without damage.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭burrentech

h3000 wrote: »
    ****in scumbags :mad:

I will keep an eye out for it. Fingers crossed she gets it back without damage.

My thoughts exactly! thank you for helping. It will be interesting to see if the power of the web can work to get her car back safely. Seems a neighbour has a registration of a strange car in the area, so hopefully that will lead to something too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

seems to be busy at the moment, A lot of cars have been broken into at the university as well.

I'm gutted, the less than human thugs that took my sister's beautiful Saab have totally destroyed it :mad: It was found this morning on fire in... Southill!

Why couldn't they at least have let her have her car back after they'd had their fun?

There was a lot of time and effort in that car to maintain it, and without any thought to the anguish they just destroyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

its to burn away any evidence, its gone very common, between burglaries and car thefts, lock up and double check too, sorry about the car, hope it was insured plenty of deals about

• Advertisement

burrentech wrote: »
    I'm gutted, the less than human thugs that took my sister's beautiful Saab have totally destroyed it :mad: It was found this morning on fire in... Southill!

Why couldn't they at least have let her have her car back after they'd had their fun?

There was a lot of time and effort in that car to maintain it, and without any thought to the anguish they just destroyed it.

That's a shame, total and utter scumbags. I'd imagine a 93 Saab 900 was probaly an immaculate car too. People who drive that type of car tend to really look after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Will she not get her insurance money back on it?
    I always thought of cars as very passive objects, if mine is robbed, so what. I have my insurance on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sorry to hear how things ended.

Sometimes a car means a lot more to it's owner than it's financial worth, and your sister's car sounded like that.

Just a shame that bottom feeding scum get to impact so much onto the lives of regular folk with their scummy acts.

If the car was to be destroyed it is just a pity that the scum did not end up crashing it into a river or wall and the city would have that many less pieces of trash in it.

Will she not get her insurance money back on it?
    I always thought of cars as very passive objects, if mine is robbed, so what. I have my insurance on it.

A car is far more than just a car to an enthusiast which the OP's sister seems to have been.

That's a shame, total and utter scumbags. I'd imagine a 93 Saab 900 was probably an immaculate car too. People who drive that type of car tend to really look after them.

Alas it was in absolutely fantastic condition. I maintained it for her, and anything it needed it got. A lot of recent work too to see it through the next couple of years :(

The insurance company seem to be on the ball and are moving quickly at least. The problem will be replacing it. It was more than an A to B car, so finding another in similar condition at a reasonable price will not be easy.

Our thanks to all who have sympathised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

A car is far more than just a car to an enthusiast which the OP's sister seems to have been.

I take your point.

We will always have the vermin who do this. It wont change. They will still be maintained and paid for out of the taxes your sister pays. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Where abouts was it robbed?Just take it from her drive?scum :(

Yep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 the candy man

scumbags!! this has been happening quite alot in and around the university area lately.Happened to two of my friends quite recently , needless to say both cars were not returned in one piece. they target relativly old cars which are easy to get into using filed down keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Make sure to get a dead switch/immobiliser fitted to the next one. Just requires a bit of wiring and i'm sure a mechanic would do it cheap. Car can't start when the switch is on.
    Just think that these scum will prob be dead by the time they're 30 anyway, with any luck.

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Make sure to get a dead switch/immobiliser fitted to the next one. Just requires a bit of wiring and i'm sure a mechanic would do it cheap. Car can't start when the switch is on.
    Just think that these scum will prob be dead by the time they're 30 anyway, with any luck.

They managed to get passed the alarm & mobilizer that was fitted :( Turns out we'll never see what was left of the car ever, seems before Aautocrash got there to collect the wreck, someone had already done it (not the council either), insurance company think they sold it for scrap already!

I wonder if the government would be brave enough to implement something like this :eek:

http://youtu.be/04clpd7h0b0

I found a picture of the car. This was just after it was purchased, and on its way to Ireland. If anything the condition it was in a few days ago was even better than it looks here. I wonder why the gards, and government are not tackling this crime? You'd think even the insurance companies would be concerned at having to pay out so much when this crime is committed.

normal_phone_001.jpg

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Where in Castletroy does she live? Would love if these scumbags were caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

I found a picture of the car. This was just after it was purchased, and on its way to Ireland. If anything the condition it was in a few days ago was even better than it looks here. I wonder why the gards, and government are not tackling this crime? You'd think even the insurance companies would be concerned at having to pay out so much when this crime is committed.

normal_phone_001.jpg

:(

they just dont give a fcuk, if it belonged to one of their own then it would be a different matter, insurance companys prefer to write cars off for some particular reason, go to a car sale by one of the bigger crowds, their you will see the some some people spend on cars that are smashed up.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Where in Castletroy does she live? Would love if these scumbags were caught.

Very close to UL seems the scumbags have been targeting the area :(

You and me both, someone needs to take action. Seems as a modern society we condone this behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I work near UL(Technology Park) and apparently some "undesirables" have been spotted snooping around the carpark looking into cars

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Very close to UL seems the scumbags have been targeting the area :(

You and me both, someone needs to take action. Seems as a modern society we condone this behaviour.

Just wondering about whether there are any cameras that might have spotted them in and around the area.

As Test Transmission says, businesses have been warned about "undesirables" looking at cars in carparks recently. Am wondering if they are the same group?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just wondering about whether there are any cameras that might have spotted them in and around the area.

As Test Transmission says, businesses have been warned about "undesirables" looking at cars in carparks recently. Am wondering if they are the same group?

I doubt the gards are that interested. It doesn't seem to be treated as a crime, just something that happens and has to be logged with the gards for the insurance claim. I doubt we'll hear any more about it from the gards.

It would have been good if the someone had notified residents about this too. Would have swapped over cars, and left the modern in Limerick, and had the Saab somewhere safe.

Just have to take the hit, and learn not to keep a classic car. I suppose its part of the government and the EU's drive to get everyone to buy a new car every couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/pricewatch/2011/1031/1224306801454.html

insurance companies do not always go for the correct market value. they decide. Negotiate- but good luck! what role does the Financial regulator play in ensuring fair play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'm sure by not the insurance claim has been processed or the car returned to its owner.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement