Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish in Garden - rented house next door

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all

i live in a housing estate - the house next door to me is rented. it is not well maintained - the lawn is cut maybe twice a year. weeds in the driveway - walls never painted. no matter what i do to my house, it will never be enough to compensate for the house next door. but i can live with this for the moment. but the people who are renting now are not putting out their rubbish - it is been put in the back garden - where they have a dog who is basically ripping the bags apart. it is horrible. i can now tell what they have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. i'm worried about rats and the smell is going to start with this hot weather. the landlord is a woman who doesn't care. is there any law saying this is not allowed. i'm normally a very quiet person who does not like hassle but this is ridiculous - i pay a mortgage - why should this landlord not care about their property and the people who have to live in the estate.

thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

AnnRo wrote: »
    Hi all

i live in a housing estate - the house next door to me is rented. it is not well maintained - the lawn is cut maybe twice a year. weeds in the driveway - walls never painted. no matter what i do to my house, it will never be enough to compensate for the house next door. but i can live with this for the moment. but the people who are renting now are not putting out their rubbish - it is been put in the back garden - where they have a dog who is basically ripping the bags apart. it is horrible. i can now tell what they have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. i'm worried about rats and the smell is going to start with this hot weather. the landlord is a woman who doesn't care. is there any law saying this is not allowed. i'm normally a very quiet person who does not like hassle but this is ridiculous - i pay a mortgage - why should this landlord not care about their property and the people who have to live in the estate.

thanks for any advice.
    Maybe make a complaint to the council and send a letter to the ll saying you have logged a formal complaint ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I think that you can complain to the environmental health officer on health and safety grounds. Poor you, sounds absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The rubbish sounds like a fire hazard. Hope they, or anyone within a 2 house radius, doesn't have a BBQ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've seen tenants doing this before. Don't understand it.

I wonder how quick the authorities act on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also try the council litter warden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Contact the environmental health officer and should deal with it. My neighbours and I had the same problen and the EHO came out promptly and got the landlord to deal with it. The same tenants used to stand at their front door and fling out their leftover food and then it was like a scene from The Birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AnnRo

Thanks for all the info. They actually put out a bin this week - living in hope that they'll continue to. But the back garden is still a mess. Will definitely ring the EHO just to see what they say.
    Thanks again.:)

Advertisement