Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for DA to begin?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,

I've recently applied for the DA & I've dropped the paperwork into my local Social Welfare office - can anyone tell me how long I can expect to wait until the means test? And if I pass the means test, how long will it take for the payments to begin?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I sent my forms off to the central department in September. It took them until February to look at my claim and send it to my local SWO. It's now May and I'm still waiting on my local SWO to contact me about a means test. So I've been waiting eight months. The local SWO told me in February that they were only dealing with December's claims and I'd have to wait a few weeks seeing as they received mine in February. I rang them again a week ago and they told me they're dealing with December's claims and I'd have to wait a few weeks. With two months of work they apparently did absolutely **** all in progressing the state of claims. So all in all, I'd say they're completely incompetent and don't hold your breath on it.

I don't know what the central office did, if they preliminarily approved my application on my disability grounds with my doctor's letters and are just waiting on the local SWO to check my means, or if they just shuffled it on to the local office. They haven't told me a thing and when I call them they say there's nothing they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mawbish

That long?!!? Thats madness!!!

Going to give my local community welfare officer a call see what she says.

Many thanks for the info

Advertisement