Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KRK Monitors in Dublin

• 28-04-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I look after sales of KRK Monitors in Ireland, amongst some other brands listed here: www.endaquealy.com

There seems to be a retailer in Dublin bad-mouthing KRK Monitors to people inquiring about them, as they don't have access to the brand. What to do? Well, here is the list of Dublin dealers who stock KRK (listed alphabetically):

Goodwins
    Sounds Around
    Studio Solutions
    Tower Records
    Waltons Music
    X Music

No, it's not Mr. Brewer :0) Big Bear Sound order KRK from time to time also.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Enda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i dont get the point of this post at all? are you involved with KRK?

how do you know that the reason they are bad mouthing them is because they dont stock them? maybe they're bad mouthing them because they dont like them? personally i cant stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

LOL, yes, I sell them to Irish retailers, I look after the brands on here: www.endaquealy.com I posted this as an objection to a retailer slagging off a brand they actually wanted but couldn't gain access to. If it was down to personal or professional experience, I would be fine with that; but in this case, it's sour grapes. So customers are being misinformed about the quality of a product when they ask for it, instead of "we don't sell them".

Sorry if it's a boring post (moment of clarity ;0)), I'm just putting it out there as I think there are better ways to do business, and the retailers that carry KRK could do without the hassle of their potential KRK customers being turned off the brand, for the wrong reasons.

Taste in monitors is a totally personal thing, I hear you. I love the VXT6s myself, but must make do with the humble RP5s until I can justify upgrading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Well I think this is handy. I haven't been able to get hold of a pair for the last few months.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Well I think this is handy. I haven't been able to get hold of a pair for the last few months.

Cheers Carl, the RP6s have been in very poor supply for ages, but stock is hitting stores over the next 2 weeks. The 5s and 8s are freely available.

HiKite wrote: »
    LOL, yes, I sell them to Irish retailers, I look after the brands on here: www.endaquealy.com I posted this as an objection to a retailer slagging off a brand they actually wanted but couldn't gain access to. If it was down to personal or professional experience, I would be fine with that; but in this case, it's sour grapes. So customers are being misinformed about the quality of a product when they ask for it, instead of "we don't sell them".

Sorry if it's a boring post (moment of clarity ;0)), I'm just putting it out there as I think there are better ways to do business, and the retailers that carry KRK could do without the hassle of their potential KRK customers being turned off the brand, for the wrong reasons.

Taste in monitors is a totally personal thing, I hear you. I love the VXT6s myself, but must make do with the humble RP5s until I can justify upgrading!

fair enough, i just hadn't a clue why you initially posted. since you're dist'ing them it makes more sense :)

you're list of retailers doesnt include a certain shop that i could imagine slagging them off.. but in fairness said shop only stocks 2 fairly crappy lines and tries to push them as "quality" and has a reputation for being fairly clueless anyway.. so i wouldnt be too concerned ;)

• Advertisement

fair enough, i just hadn't a clue why you initially posted. since you're dist'ing them it makes more sense :)

you're list of retailers doesnt include a certain shop that i could imagine slagging them off.. but in fairness said shop only stocks 2 fairly crappy lines and tries to push them as "quality" and has a reputation for being fairly clueless anyway.. so i wouldnt be too concerned ;)

Thanks, I added in a preamble, it makes better sense now :D Cheers..

By the way, I might as well mention these new monitors and subs, they're due in September/October:

RP10-3 Studio Monitor
    12s Sub
    12sHO Sub

Cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

HiKite wrote: »

No, it's not Mr. Brewer :0) .

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Is that guy who was on the Quays next door to where Instrumental used to be gone now too? I know he moved around the corner somewhere.

He sold me my VXT's. I thought he was a reseller. I keep meaning to get the protective grills off him but I may not bother and just get it somewhere else if hes gone. :(

bbk wrote: »
    Is that guy who was on the Quays next door to where Instrumental used to be gone now too? I know he moved around the corner somewhere.

He sold me my VXT's. I thought he was a reseller. I keep meaning to get the protective grills off him but I may not bother and just get it somewhere else if hes gone. :(

Best bet for Grilles is either Sounds Around or X Music, and at that, they'd be a special order item. They can be bought in Dublin at internet prices, that's the main thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I just got a pair of white krk rokit 5 g2's from Thomann the other day....and I can tell you that they are bloody amazing .... I produce electronic music and I'm getting 'truthful' response from these with little sound colouration.

And yes there is a well know shop in town, with an electronic section upstairs , very close to patagonia shop and George street arcade , they are bigtime dissing krk ... the bottom line OS they can't get them for a low enough wholesale price , and the shop in question Loves to knock the price up on anything by at least 30% more than other shops .....

If u want decent gear cheap, and want krk then look at Thomann.de ....

And one last thing , I don't work for any shops in town etc ... I'm a welfare officer with a passion for music, and a hate for politics lol ....

italodisco wrote: »
    If u want decent gear cheap, and want krk then look at Thomann.de ....

I have a pair of RP5s on my desk; they're great for the money. I find that some of the UK and German online superstores are good for online shopping, but most people want to experience their purchases before parting with their hard-earned cash. That's where the (right) local shops come in, especially when most of them are price-matching internet prices now. I personally thought it was great when internet pricing made retailers here become competitive, buyers then started to have the best of both worlds.

italodisco wrote: »

And yes there is a well know shop in town, with an electronic section upstairs , very close to patagonia shop and George street arcade , they are bigtime dissing krk ... the bottom line OS they can't get them for a low enough wholesale price , and the shop in question Loves to knock the price up on anything by at least 30% more than other shops .....

yup, thats the one i was talking of ;)

funniest thing is that the 2 brands they do stock would barely make it in the door of a cheap bedroom set-up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

I remember in a shop in Dublin, I think it was near the patagonia shop too. I went to get some adaptor and the sales man was playing the guitar and took about 5 seconds of me standing at the counter for him to stop. Before he served me he turned to a lady person sitting beside him and said "see how good a sales man I am? I stopped playing to serve this man".

My blood boils as he tried to sell a jack adapter for a 5er.
    No sale.

Advertisement