Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[B]Lennox Street Dublin-Good place to live?[/B]

Options
  • 28-04-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

Myself and my friend are moving up to Dublin and don't know much about the areas.

We found a two bed flat on Lennox's Street for a reasonable enough price and it's convenient for where we're going to be working judging by google maps.

Does anyone know if this street is safe, as I know with most cities I wouldn't be inclined to live too inner city so wondering what this street is like?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The roads off Harrington Street and that end of SCR are actually quite affluent. The whole area is very up and coming. Have a wander around and you'll see loads of beautiful houses, fancy cars and cute little boutique cafes etc. It's a great area. I'd love to find a nice little place around there, except parking would do my head in (parallel parking is my enemy!).

If you do take it you have to check out Dolls & Bibis on Ovoca Road for breakfast or lunch. The food there is AMAZING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its a lovely area to live, its more or less in town and you have a choice of all amenities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The only issue with Lennox Street is the noise of revellers on Friday and Saturday nights. That only applies to the Richmond St Sth end. Otherwise it's a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

i have a feeling OP that your apartment is a 2 bed top floor???

saw an add for it the other day,.. If I'm right I lived in the same building for years, also, I hear this apartment has been totally gutted and is in great condition..

its a nice area, only problem is as someone else mentioned, weekends can be noisy enough .. but location wise .. its frickin awesome, you cant go wrong!

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I lived on Lennox Street for nearly 2 years until last summer, it's a very nice street but it's also in (or next to) a rough area too, I saw a lad get stabbed outside Aprile takeaway during the day, I've had a burglar climb in my bedroom window at 3am, car windows smashed and a number of issues with messers walking home pissed.

You also can't turn right on to it (or off it) from Richmond street which can be very annoying!

Make sure you have double glazing (noise) - full alarm on the house/windows and your car is defo going to get dinged while parked on the street as it's a busy commuter street and it's very narrow with the cars parked on it.

On the plus side, Aprile chipper is amazing, Lennox Cafe is deadly, the shaw pub is cool and you're very close to town!

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I lived on Lennox Street for nearly 2 years until last summer, it's a very nice street but it's also in (or next to) a rough area too, I saw a lad get stabbed outside Aprile takeaway during the day, I've had a burglar climb in my bedroom window at 3am, car windows smashed and a number of issues with messers walking home pissed.

On the plus side, Aprile chipper is amazing, Lennox Cafe is deadly, the shaw pub is cool and you're very close to town!

Ye Charlemont can be very dodgy and towards there. With most of Dublin 8 and most of Dublin in all fairness you have to keep your wits about you.

Apriles is cracking, and is one of the latest opening chippers I know in Dublin. Bernard Shaw is class with a cracking beer garden (pity it closes so early).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sulkin

Thanks for all your replies.

Unfortunately the apartment is gone-so nice it was snapped up straight away.

Your bang on Doughef-that was the apartment alright...looked so modern and great value.

Unfortunately the search is ongoing-still looking for something half decent and reasonable in Ranelagh or we have our eye on a place in Upper Clanbrassil Street. Again don't know the area but hopefully it's ok

Advertisement