Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Lahinch

• 28-04-2011 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey,

heading to lahinch at the weekend and wondered if anybody could recommend a good restuarant thats not overly expensive?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Cornerstone Bar is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 raymond.duggan

Randaddys is a new restaurant newly opened on the prom. They have a web site.... Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

thanks,

someone had mentioned O'looneys too i think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

O'Looneys is Ok, don't agree with a previous poster re the Cornerstone though, ate there twice and would not go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

tippniall wrote: »
    Hey,

heading to lahinch at the weekend and wondered if anybody could recommend a good restuarant thats not overly expensive?

Cheers

Trust me, O' Looney's is the place for ya. The lasagna is really good too! :D
    Great views from there. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Hey,

Cheers

For class food and not freezer to microwave rubbish go to Barrtra out of town a few miles on the road to MilltownMalbay. Top class food & views.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The Atlantic is quite nice and their bangers and mash are spectacular.
    Also good in there is the seafood chowder, cajun chicken bap with chips and their deserts are something else.
    But in really nice weather I'd have a bag of chips and a burger from Enzo's on the promenade any day.
    Or bring a barbecue.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

You can't beat sitting outside of O Looneys with a bit of food and a few drinks, the view is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Kilnababe wrote: »
    For class food and not freezer to microwave rubbish go to Barrtra out of town a few miles on the road to MilltownMalbay. Top class food & views.
    Barrtra was one of my favourite restaurants anywhere. Not sure if its already happened but it is to be under new ownership. Its easy find out just ask if you call. Seeing as it was the owners who cooked and served the meals that will obviously mean changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

Tried O'Looneys and Danny Macs!Both were very good! highly recommend them! And the view was very nice too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 redhot

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Trust me, O' Looney's is the place for ya. The lasagna is really good too! :D
    Great views from there. :cool:

I got some nasty food poisoning from O'Looneys upstairs restaurant (violently sick) a couple of years back. They were very apologetic, have never heard any other complaints about the place, but I won't go back (had to have a day off work and was up all night). Nice view, yes indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

redhot wrote: »
    I got some nasty food poisoning from O'Looneys upstairs restaurant (violently sick) a couple of years back. They were very apologetic, have never heard any other complaints about the place, but I won't go back (had to have a day off work and was up all night). Nice view, yes indeed.

A few years back? How many years back? It's been rebuilt now.

4992707407_d55f4c3c4c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 redhot

mtb_kng wrote: »
    A few years back? How many years back? It's been rebuilt now.

Hi MTB_Kng, It was just after they re-opened following the rebuild (so maybe a couple of years I guess)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Plenty of options in Lahinch. I think the steak in The Atlantic is pretty good. There's an Indian, and a couple of Chinese places too.

All the places mentioned above are fine too btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

The Indian is pretty good actually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The Indian is pretty good actually

And they have Krombacher beer!
    MMmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh! Krombacher!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'd opt for The Old Bakehouse on the main st. in Miltown.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd opt for The Old Bakehouse on the main st. in Miltown.

A fine place I'm sure but it's in the wrong town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

The Shamrock is really nice too :)
    Don't really like the cornerstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shamrocks burger with mash is unreal.. Indians supposed to be one of the best in Clare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

olooneys for a drink for the view for sure;). i really like food in cornerstone, indian... is the black oak still there? a bit pricey but a bit special in my memory:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

Hey,

Cheers

can never remember one restaurant where i thought well that was good value.....most evening mains 15euro plus....
    head there every year for golf....but when times were good i didnt mind as much....
    anybody know the cheapest spots to hit for grub....other than the supermarket..?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Lads, is the Indian still there?
    I tried ringing the number I have and it's not in use anymore.

If anyone have a number or even the name of the Indian that would be great, there's 12 of us heading down this weekend so I'd definitely need to book.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know it's not Lahinch, but I was in Corofin at the weekend (can be argued that it's on the way to Lahinch I guess :)) and stopped in the Corofin Arms, it was top notch, I had a steak and my other half had a Chili Chicken Wrap, both dished were lovely. It was washed down with a nice coffee (tea for Mrs. Clareman) and a slice of homemade tart, nom nom. Oh yeah, and they have a fine collection of foreign beers, I had a nice bottle of Moreiti(sp.) beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Lads, is the Indian still there?
    I tried ringing the number I have and it's not in use anymore.

If anyone have a number or even the name of the Indian that would be great, there's 12 of us heading down this weekend so I'd definitely need to book.
    According to the internet:

Lahinch Tandoori 065-7086955

If it doesn't work just give one of the other places mentioned here a go, plenty to choose from!

Advertisement