Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ's

Options
  • 28-04-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Anyone know of any good deals on BBQ's??

Still haven't decided whether to go for a Charcoal or Gas - but pushing towards the gas. Anything I need to specifically look for?
    Would love one that takes Lava Coals for the authentic BBQ smell & taste??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

B&Q have 15% off everything in store tomorrow to celebrate the royal wedding. Worth having a look there.

For what its worth i've become a big fan of charcoal bbq. Once you get the hang of it the taste is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

culsoh wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good deals on BBQ's??

Still haven't decided whether to go for a Charcoal or Gas - but pushing towards the gas. Anything I need to specifically look for?
    Would love one that takes Lava Coals for the authentic BBQ smell & taste??

I got a grand one in Woodies 'Sahara Two Burner' for under a hundred. takes lava rock too.
    My last one was from Aldi, i had it about 3 years and bought this one last month.
    I think i've used it about 10 times so far and it is great. Have cooked steaks, burgers, chicken and pork on it with no hassle.
    There is only myself and the missus to cook for as the kids are usually in bed when I spark it up, so I don't know how well it would work on a larger scale but it seems big enough.

TIP: For a more authentic smoky taste buy wood chips (I'm currently using weber ones), soak for thirty minutes in warm water and put them on the BBQ on the lava coals about ten minutes before you start cooking.

Advertisement