Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Child Decided To Foam My House This Morning!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

--LOS-- wrote: »
    bet you had just a little play in it yourself before you cleaned it up didnt you

I was tempted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Duggy747 wrote: »
    * http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2103/unled1vh.jpg

That's a Damien from The Omen-face if I ever saw it.

It just says: "This isn't over"

Looks like I was right :pac:

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Looks like I was right :pac:

:D

True! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Biggins wrote: »

True! :pac:

I'm disappointed that you bumped this thread yourself... You could have created a new one...damn....

Edit: I hope you don't turn into the ultimate sad bastard and decide to inform us of your bowl movements

Edit: nah you'll never ever, ever be that pathetic, only a sad lonely gimp would do that.

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that you bumped this thread yourself... You could have created a new one...damn....

Its bad enough my kids running amuck in the house - I didn't want to let them do it to After Hours with multiple threads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Aww cute from here but I don't have to do the clean up, but here's a little poem to make you feel better :)

I miss you when we're not together
    I'm growing up so fast
    See how big I've gotten
    Since you saw me last?
    As I grow, I'll change a lot,
    The years will fly right by.
    You'll wonder how I grew so quick
    When and where and why?
    So look upon this handprint
    That's hanging on your wall.
    And memories will come back of me,
    When I was very small

jackie1974 wrote: »
    Aww cute from here but I don't have to do the clean up, but here's a little poem to make you feel better :)

I'm growing up so fast
    See how big I've gotten
    Since you saw me last?
    When and where and why?
    When I was very small

Very nice. :)

I should have been more mad this morning than I was but all I could do (again) was laugh and be grateful that (a) it was not marker/pens/etc (b) glad they were ok from not eating the stuff - I checked to be sure - and (c) grateful that they were generally overall healthy and happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Biggins - Thanks for the laugh.
    You reminded me of the time one of my little darlings decided to empty the fire extinguisher all over the sitting room.

I walked in the door to find one of the older kids trying to shut it off, while frantically screaming "Muummmm..."
    There was foam everywhere.

I wasn't laughing at the time, but I had to smile when I saw those pictures.

Then there was the time the same little "angel" decided to pour 2x 1 litre bottles of shampoo down to toilet - and flushed repeatedly to try to get rid of the evidence... Cue countless buckets of water being poured carefully down the loo, because flushing only created more bubbles.

Kids! You really do have to laugh.

Well my little dears were at it again this morning.
    They decided to empty a bean bag in their rooms this morning.
    We woke to find their room looking like a winter wonderland and they playing in it! :D
    It was EVERYWHERE.
    (Took over three full, non-stop hours just to clean it up)

Still gotta love kids! :D

* http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6060/29571710150385341105639.jpg

* http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6637/29571710150385341115639.jpg

Did you try hoovering it :D doesn't work, I know this from experience, the hoover just blows the feckin things all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Its bad enough my kids running amuck in the house - I didn't want to let them do it to After Hours with multiple threads! :D

The carnage! But we'll eventually find out what you work at! :pac:

Your kids are gas!

• Advertisement

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Biggins - Thanks for the laugh.
    You reminded me of the time one of my little darlings decided to empty the fire extinguisher all over the sitting room.

I walked in the door to find one of the older kids trying to shut it off, while frantically screaming "Muummmm..."
    There was foam everywhere.

I wasn't laughing at the time, but I had to smile when I saw those pictures.

Then there was the time the same little "angel" decided to pour 2x 1 litre bottles of shampoo down to toilet - and flushed repeatedly to try to get rid of the evidence... Cue countless buckets of water being poured carefully down the loo, because flushing only created more bubbles.

Kids! You really do have to laugh.

They too did the shampoo thing this morning as well.
    They got all the diffrent colour shampoo bottles and tried to make they're own design in the tub this morning.
    They must have got bored with the winter wonderland! :o

Wife and I fear what we are going to wake up to every morning! :D

Did you try hoovering it :D doesn't work, I know this from experience, the hoover just blows the feckin things all over the place.

Aye. tried it but as you say, the fan at the back of a hoover can blow the crap just as bad, while it sucks in at the front!
    I sweated buckets this morning clearing the stuff up! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

They too did the shampoo thing this morning as well.
    They got all the diffrent colour shampoo bottles and tried to make they're own design in the tub this morning.

Wife and I fear what we are going to wake up to every morning! :D

Ah, the bath's not so bad - start getting afraid when they discover that it makes lots more bubbles when you pour it down the loo, and flush...:D:D

The amount of bubbles cascading out of the loo for ages afterwards has to be seen to be believed..:eek::D

(Goes off to check those pics to see whether Biggins and Madmammy have their bathroom floor tiled - just a thought.:P:D)

Welcome to Afterhours, Madmammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lol, we've had the shaving foam, the hair gel, the make-up and the washing powder.

Worst though, was when I went to do the washing up one day, came in 10 minutes later and my toddler had pulled soot from the chimney all over himself, the floor, the telly, the coffee table and the sofas. 10 minutes and the place was destroyed!!

He looked like Stevie Wonder and the living room looked like a coal mine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Your daughter is adorable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I should have been mad this morning when I woke but all I could do was laugh.
    One of of my little dear children (I have 4) decided to foam the whole house - and herself.
    It was EVERYWHERE!!!
    Wood floors, carpets, beds, toys, walls, presses, doors... I mean everywhere!

So putting aside my embarrassed ass, here is a few select pics of the mess that I awoke to this morning...

* http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/999/unled2if.jpg
    * http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5060/p1150462.jpg
    * http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/9466/p1150459.jpg

Kids! What can you do but laugh! :o

Holy Sh!t. I was getting the dinner ready and my husband woke up to a similar sight this morning. He was really pissed that our son had emptied yet another can of shaving foam all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

I should have been mad this morning when I woke but all I could do was laugh.
    One of of my little dear children (I have 4) decided to foam the whole house - and herself.
    It was EVERYWHERE!!!
    Wood floors, carpets, beds, toys, walls, presses, doors... I mean everywhere!

So putting aside my embarrassed ass, here is a few select pics of the mess that I awoke to this morning...

* http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/999/unled2if.jpg
    * http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5060/p1150462.jpg
    * http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/9466/p1150459.jpg

Kids! What can you do but laugh! :o

i could think of a few things... namely shaving their heads... for the lulz... or... do nothing, im sure i was a little troublemaker when i was their age so... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭matchthis

And not a single fnuck was given :D
    unled1vh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Good job she didn't find your veet she'd have no hair left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭madmammy

I'm growing up so fast
    See how big I've gotten
    Since you saw me last?
    When and where and why?
    When I was very small

our little boy and girls creche gave us hand prints with that poem last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭madmammy

Good job she didn't find your veet she'd have no hair left

must go throw that in the bin before she finds it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

OP Please tell me that carpet "came with the house" :eek:

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    OP Please tell me that carpet "came with the house" :eek:

Why? :D

No. I'll be honest, we bought it. Its hard wearing stuff - knowing it was going in the kids room - and by the way things turned out, we were right to get more durable stuff.
    When they are older and (hopefully!) have a bit more sense, we probably change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

When they we are older and (hopefully!) have a bit more sense, we probably change it.

FYP :D

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    FYP :D

You could be right! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Aw Biggin, those pics have totally made my day! I thought I was the only one who woke up to such devastation. I'm happy I'm not the only one :)

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Aw Biggin, those pics have totally made my day! I thought I was the only one who woke up to such devastation. I'm happy I'm not the only one :)

Glad our wrecked house can make you smile! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

If I foamed my parents house as a kid, I'd have been in so much sh*t.

I remember one year my two sisters and I got some talcum powder sets for Christmas. We were all pretty young (I was maybe 6) and we started squeezing the bottles and puffs of talc were flying everywhere. For some reason I think we thought it was going to disappear so we all chased each other around squeezing the stuff at each other.

Oh the horror when we saw the talc had all settled on the floor, beds etc.

I can't remember the outcome. But thankfully it was at my grandparents, so I am pretty sure they saw the funny side.

Had forgot all about that :)

madmammy wrote: »
    our little boy and girls creche gave us hand prints with that poem last year :)

I got the same thing when my little girl was in preschool, she turns 18 next week, it gets even cuter the older they get :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

That brought back memories!

When I was a child my mam used to use Shake 'n' Vac to clean the carpets. Anyone remember that stuff?

One mother's day, I decided to hoover the floors for my mam before she got up. But instead of using the shake n vac I used talcum powder thinking they were the same thing. By the time she woke up, I'll poured talcum powder all over the sitting room, dinning room, hallway and stairs carpets. My mam nearly killed me when she got up and saw the mess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

My sister once decided to paint the house in a mixture of Butter and Ashes, my mother to this day recounts waking up and finding her, aged 2 or 3 I think, and everything else covered in it.

My niece also covered herself and the house in a Jar of Vicks, it was horrible job trying to get it out of her hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    My sister once decided to paint the house in a mixture of Butter and Ashes, my mother to this day recounts waking up and finding her, aged 2 or 3 I think, and everything else covered in it.

My niece also covered herself and the house in a Jar of Vicks, it was horrible job trying to get it out of her hair.

This reminds me of when my aunt and I were having a chat at the dinner table, her then 18-month-old daughter pulled down a full pound of butter and we didn't even notice her getting it all over herself (once she was quiet and right beside us we didn't worry). It took about an hour to get it off her!

And then my daughter managed to open a full pack of firelighters when she was 2 and crumbled them all to smithereens. It could have been more serious, thankfully there was one of those childproof fireguards around the fire. But it took days to get it off the chairs and the mat!
    The same girl is now 8 and tidies up the house while I surf Boards and facebook - this is the life :D

(And I'm sure your children will do the same for you in a few years time Biggins and madmammy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I got the same thing when my little girl was in preschool, she turns 18 next week, it gets even cuter the older they get :)

I got one while in playschool to.

My Dad seen it face down on the kitchen table.... Tore the side out of it and wrote a list of stuff he needed to buy in the co-op...

My Mam gives out to him every time she finds it when clearing presses out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Reminds me of the time my lil one made 'snow' in his bedroom before christmas with a newly opened johnsons talc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Got a full tube of white silicone on me arms and hands when i was 5. The amazment of the whole silicone gun squeezer got to me.

The scrubbing and the smell of white spirits and petrol to thin it out hurt like crazy. Was ages before i went near the stuff again.v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Thank you Biggins. This thread brought back so many memories of what my own little darlings got up to.Have just spent about two hours shaming the kids to each other as we recount the stories.
    Tears of laughter,a great way to spend a wet sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

I printed out this poem and pinned it on the noticeboard in full view for just such moments...:D

Subh Milis
    Bhí subh milis
    Ar bhaschrann an dorais
    Ach mhúch mé an corraí
    Ionam d’éirigh,
    Mar smaoinigh mé ar an lá
    A bheas an baschrann glan,
    Agus an láimh bheag
    Ar iarraidh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yearssss ago (when people didn't know about this stuff) my mam used to put honey on my soother... one morning she took me into the bed beside her, honeyed up my soother and fell back asleep, forgetting to put the lid back on the jar of honey... she woke up to a bed full of honey and it all over her and me... yum yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Bless her

I want to get pregnant and have babies now.

well if you do have babies best change your user name :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Reminds me of the time my daughter brought the beanbag into the front garden and it burst all over the place. Got weird looks from the neighbours for a long time after - try explaining that you're hoovering the lawn!

• Advertisement

dj jarvis wrote: »
    well if you do have babies best change your user name :eek:

True! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

slightly off topic .... but

when i was 8 or 9 ish i answered the door and saw 2 Jehovah's witnesses / Mormons in the men in black outfits , they asked was my parents at home so i invited them in and showed them into the sitting room ( never used unless it was a special occasion or visitors ) now i never invited anyone in but i thought this would be funny

sat the two lads down , asked did they want tea and left the room ,
    walked into the kitchen and told my mother in as serious a face as i could muster that 2 men were in the sitting room and they wanted to talk with her

she got real worried looking and ran off into the front room and closed the door - :D

25 minutes later she leads the boys out and said goodbye - spun round and turned in Satan himself , all i could do was crack my hole laughing - she went mental , poor old girl , she is so reserved she would never tell anyone to feck off :D

she thought it was the cops with bad news :eek:
    kids are great craic

Just an update, so far now between the four of them, they have managed to colour the walls at least six times.
    Paint, crayon, marker, madmammy's lipsticks, chalk and pencil.
    In each case, hours of work from the moment they woke on the morning of each attempt to make our lives more colourful!
    In most cases, it was the same usual devil that started the whole lot off every time.
    You know, this one again!
    (Not the cat! LOL)

Kids, you gotta love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I woke up a few weeks ago to find the contents of my freezer on the kitchen floor and my 2 year old eating an ice pop in the sitting room.

He's also destroyed my walls, doors, floors and himself with nutella, it was everywhere. I have pics so I'll have to put up a few tomorrow.

Every night before I go asleep I have to set an alarm so I can wake up before him, otherwise god knows what he'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Kids, you gotta love them!

Most of the time. . .

policarp wrote: »
    Most of the time. . .

My sister and brother in law is about to have their first kid Monday (by caesarian section, complications involved so safest method of birth for them).

I will be giving the new mammy lots of nice presents for her and the child.
    For dad, he will be getting a box of cleaning stuff, cello-tape, glue, sick bags and towels.
    He might think its odd - but he'll thank me later! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Just an update, so far now between the four of them, they have managed to colour the walls at least six times.
    Is it looking for attention?

Pj! wrote: »
    Is it looking for attention?

Naa, just a pure innocent devil!
    She's hilarious the rest of the time. :pac:

Gonna be fun when she gets older and starts bringing the fellas home!
    Mammy and I fear for the future!

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I woke up a few weeks ago to find the contents of my freezer on the kitchen floor and my 2 year old eating an ice pop in the sitting room.

He's also destroyed my walls, doors, floors and himself with nutella, it was everywhere. I have pics so I'll have to put up a few tomorrow.

Every night before I go asleep I have to set an alarm so I can wake up before him, otherwise god knows what he'll do.

We have to make sure the bathroom taps are are tightly secured as possible, at night time.
    One morning we woke to find puddles in the kids bedrooms.
    The kids decided to make what they called "Muddy puddles" (apparently from a kids TV show called Peppa Pig) and play in them.
    The fact that their "Muddy puddles" was indoors, didn't matter a jot or second thought to them!

We can laugh about it ...now! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Do parents not teach their children right from wrong anymore??

Advertisement