Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Child Decided To Foam My House This Morning!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

oh i love these threads! the waking up to stuff time has passed - for now - in our house. I get up at 6am as the smallest wakes before 6 for his feed and he is up then. He has only started his distructo path - sudocream on a cushion - but he shows great promise.
    Anyway, there has been ball pointpen on the newly painted living room wall with broken up bread rolls on the floor 'Why?' 'I was making a beach' the then 2 yr old answered.
    He decided to try his brothers new antibiotic and spilled it all over the couch (washable thankfully) also luckily we have a great pharmacist who replaced it for me.
    The last lot of drawing on the wall was done in chalk -which does not come off if you do not get to it in time and was done because his little sister wanted a picture of her teddy on the wall.
    The latest worst one was an entire spray can of sunscreen - expensive one - emptied onto the walls of their bedroom, furniture and bedclothes, and the back of the 3.5 yr olds head until it was completely white. Oh the stink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Do parents not teach their children right from wrong anymore??

Are kids not allowed have a bit of innocent fun and express themselves anymore?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They do - we do - but they are kids who have yet to full the full concept of whats right, wrong and just whats plain silly to do!
    They don't learn this over the space of a week or a day! Some adults are still learning it!

Hell, there is adults that still have to grasp that concept and still do stupid things and/or do wrong many times still - even by what the state court sees as illegal actions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Well now you a reason to have that frown on your face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Biggins wrote: »
    Just an update, so far now between the four of them, they have managed to colour the walls at least six times.
    Paint, crayon, marker, madmammy's lipsticks, chalk and pencil.
    In each case, hours of work from the moment they woke on the morning of each attempt to make our lives more colourful!
    In most cases, it was the same usual devil that started the whole lot off every time.
    You know, this one again!
    (Not the cat! LOL)

Kids, you gotta love them!

That picture is so cute. Look at where the cat is? In the dolls cot.

Your kids are so cute Biggins and so adorable getting up to so much mischief. This thread is making me broody. :-(

• Advertisement

ilovesleep wrote: »
    That picture is so cute. Look at where the cat is? In the dolls cot.

Your kids are so cute Biggins and so adorable getting up to so much mischief. This thread is making me broody. :-(

She is the worst little devil! :pac:

You never know from one minute to the next what she is thinking of doing next! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Reminds me of when I poured a big bottle of cooking oil all over the wooden floor so it would be nice an slippery and I could skate on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

do you have any children yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Growing up in a family with 5 children we were taught right from wrong and none of us would dare step out of line in such a manner. Yes of course there would be consequences but more importantly, we were aware of right vs wrong.

Some kids..... don't act like gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Those are NO FUN!!!

Kids need to act like kids and get up to mischief. Once nobody gets hurt then theres no issue.

My son spread nutella on my walls, he sat on a lamp this morning and broke it, he smeared sudocreme on my windows before too......and i laughed, Id hate to be the type of parent to lose the plot over something like that.

• Advertisement

Growing up in a family with 5 children we were taught right from wrong...

As were most of us (if we had decent parents) - despite that though, ALL kids do something stupid as soon as they start walking and are able to pick up stuff.

Anyone that says they didn't, must be a walking saint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This thread is still here?!
    Ah, memories :D

Totally agree. My dad would flip at the slightest prank, and all it did was drive myself, my friends and our schemes "underground".
    Dangerous thing, forcing your children from open battle into guerilla warfare... There's absolutely no way you can win once you do that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Growing up in a family with 5 children we were taught right from wrong and none of us would dare step out of line in such a manner. Yes of course there would be consequences but more importantly, we were aware of right vs wrong.

They are kids. Not prisoners. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You think foam is bad? Try shower gel.

Try bags of flour - on the day of a family funeral.
    Couldn't even see where they were when i went into the kitchen.

uriah wrote: »
    Try bags of flour - on the day of a family funeral.
    Couldn't even see where they were when i went into the kitchen.

O' gawd! :pac:

Perfect timing of course! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The kid is being "creative" in her mind.
    Now if she starts smashing windows or breaking things for fun, then it can be an issue.

Sure the girl only looks to be about 7 years or so. I was still doing stupid things all the way till the age I am now and probably won't ever stop.

Besides, nobody is gonig to say to their kid "that's funny so it's okay to do it again". Sometimes you just need a sense of humour and kids are something you really do need to be able to laugh at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

None of your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

The kid is being "creative" in her mind.
    Now if she starts smashing windows or breaking things for fun, then it can be an issue.

When my son was 18 months old, he upturned his grandmother's flower pot onto her carpeted floor - it took ages to clean up, moss peat is not the easiest thing to vacuum. As I was doing this, he managed to upturn another 2 pots faster than I could stop him. I burst into tears at that point and had to scoop him up and bring him home, leaving poor mum to clean up the rest of the mess.
    I told him about this when he was 3, and he explained to me that he was trying to see what was underneath the pots - he wondered if there might be little men hiding in there and pushing the flowers out of the soil!
    Boy, was I so glad I didn't punish him or scold him! All we did afterwards was ensure all flower pots were at a height!

And my daughter was a devil for drawing on walls. I was advised to give her a slap whenever she did this, which I never did. Instead we repainted the walls when she stopped. Now she is great for helping out with housework, and is really clean and tidy (except for her bedroom!).

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Those are NO FUN!!!

Kids need to act like kids and get up to mischief. Once nobody gets hurt then theres no issue.

My son spread nutella on my walls, he sat on a lamp this morning and broke it, he smeared sudocreme on my windows before too......and i laughed, Id hate to be the type of parent to lose the plot over something like that.
    I am sure your neighbours love to see your ill mannered little brat coming to visit.

I am sure your neighbours love to see your ill mannered little brat coming to visit.

Heh, so from saying YOU have children is nobody else's bussiness to judging someone else's kid?

Why don't you keep your nose out of her bussiness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Now that's just not nice, what way were you brought up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Those are NO FUN!!!

I agree kids need to be kids but in this case I would blame myself for leaving these things within his reach.
    I would not lose the plot over everything but I certainly would teach them right from wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

God I hope you don't have children.

Heh, so from saying whether YOU have children is nobody else's bussiness to judging someone else's kid?

Why don't you keep your nose out of her bussiness?
    FYP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

FYP?

What? :confused:

What? :confused:

I made a slight grammar mistake.
    He quoted my post and "fixed" my post.
    In otherwords: he couldn't have anything to say so he was just being a jackass.

Less of the personal abuse to another poster if you don't mind.

You may have a point but your willing to insult another possible posters children here too, by calling them possible little brats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Says the fella who called another posters child a brat!

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    You may have a point but your willing to insult another possible posters children here too, by calling them possible little brats!
    Tough love is the cornerstone of any well behaved child.

Tough love is the cornerstone of any well behaved child.

Insulting someone else's kid when you barely know anything at all except two scenarios isn't really "tough love".

Besides, I was well behaved and I was never shown tough love.

Anyway...

Kids will be kids.
    At the end of the day, we should be thankful if they get this chance.
    With todays media, marketing and attitudes by some, kids grow up too quick often we are seen to comment.

Sure they are going to do daft and wrong things - its how they (and you and I) learned about right and wrong too, to a great extent.

I also look at things another way, I have a brother that is a heavy suffer from epilepsy and is brain-damaged.
    I have a daughter that suffers from Scoliosis, a non-curable spinal dis-order. I have met (thru going to Crumlin Hospital alone in Dublin) many other children who suffer from leukaemia and other sicknesses.
    My point is that when my kids have done daft things - and they have - I looked at the situation as "well things could be much worse" - been able to teach them a lesson from their antics and at the end of the day with a bit of work, been able to wash down or re-paint walls.

I count my blessings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mod:
    Neither of you post here again

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

Kids, like anyone else, learn from their mistakes!

I'm sure that the kids didn't deliberately and maliciously set out to be bold. They were just having fun ... sure, it's a pain in the arse for whoever has to clean up the mess, but if you're going to have kids, you need to be prepared for the fact that it'll get messy at times.

And as a parent you do need to have a sense of humour. I know that, if we did something like that growing up, we would certainly get in trouble and be disciplined appropriately at the time - but, in later years, we'd hear our parents laughing about the incidents.

Except for the time when I was two and my sister was three, and we found a box of matches, and lit a fire on the carpet in the corner of the sitting room. Our mother was cooking dinner in the kitchen at the time, and if my father hadn't happened to come home from work at that particular time, things could have ended pretty badly - the fire was well underway by the time we were caught. When my father walked in, the two of us were sitting right beside our little fire with our shoes and socks off so that we could warm our feet off it. redface.gif They repainted the walls in that corner of the sitting room but couldn't afford to replace the carpet for years and years afterwards, so there was always a big black burnt patch there when we were growing up.

Even now, they can't laugh about that particular incident! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

Yea I've been there:

a few years back when our eldest was about 5 I woke up about 9am one Sunday morning, the house was trashed, I woke the OH and told her we've been burgled!

Every drawer was pulled out, stuff on the floors in every room, etc etc.

Turns out our kid woke early and was 'exploring'. That took about a day to clear up.

But sure you have to be able to have a laugh at it.

• Advertisement

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/benxo.jpg/

this one was taken when i went into the bathroom, my son was in the back garden and decided he wanted to see what I was doing. He dragged over a chair and......

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/29680620501222237974530.jpg/

i swore i wouldnt put this up but I can laugh about it now...it only happened this morning :(
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/bednd.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/52720334071774293291193.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/42747334071805894089569.jpg/
    relax, its nutella :P

wish i didnt have so much to contribute to this thread lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/benxo.jpg/

this one was taken when i went into the bathroom, my son was in the back garden and decided he wanted to see what I was doing. He dragged over a chair and......

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/29680620501222237974530.jpg/

i swore i wouldnt put this up but I can laugh about it now...it only happened this morning :(
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/bednd.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/52720334071774293291193.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/42747334071805894089569.jpg/
    relax, its nutella :P

wish i didnt have so much to contribute to this thread lol

With all respect, everyone who has ever had Nutella will realise that these stains couldn't be from a spread. Greasy chocolate spread and spatters? No way....go and research your next fairy tale a little bit better.

With all respect, everyone who has ever had Nutella will realise that these stains couldn't be from a spread. Greasy chocolate spread and spatters? No way....go and research your next fairy tale a little bit better.

:confused: what else would it be!? I have other pictures of said incident if youd like to see those too!?

he filled the nutella jar up with water from the tap (hence the nutella was all over the bathroom)

There's a difference between small children making mistakes and older kids just causing chaos because they were never reprimanded for the previous "funny" games. Where do you draw the line? You cannot laugh and expect them to learn that something is wrong, can you?
    I wouldn't want a child over that learned that scribbling on the walls was ok or something like that. When I was 2 I decided that it was great fun to piss in the kitchen and trample around in it and my parents were quite quick to teach me differently...today I might still dream of my prohibited piss-trampling fantasies but I learned not to execute them any more!

• Advertisement

:confused: what else would it be!? I have other pictures of said incident if youd like to see those too!?

he filled the nutella jar up with water from the tap (hence the nutella was all over the bathroom)

I'll spare you the annoying search for pictures online and subsequent embarrassment. Maybe buy a jar of Nutella tomorrow and try the whole game, but don't let your parents catch you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Sydneyfife your kid is so cute!! :D

I'll spare you the annoying search for pictures online and subsequent embarrassment. Maybe buy a jar of Nutella tomorrow and try the whole game, but don't let your parents catch you ;)

:rolleyes:

http://mybfolder.com/pics/4518-1285116003.jpg

Look, my son has cerebral palsy. Hes prone to strokes. Ive almost lost him more times than i care to admit.

He does something he thinks is fun, I tell him not to do it again.

I dont care if I have to clean up nutella from my bath. I really couldnt give a flying f*ck if I had to do it every day.

My son says please and thank you, is a gentle soul, extremely friendly and chatty. There is no badness or malice in him at all.

Maybe if you were allowed have more fun as a child you wouldnt be uptight and quick to put others down now.:D

Look, my son has cerebral palsy. Hes prone to strokes. Ive almost lost him more times than i care to admit.

He does something he thinks is fun, I tell him not to do it again.

I dont care if I have to clean up nutella from my bath. I really couldnt give a flying f*ck if I had to do it every day.

My son says please and thank you, is a gentle soul, extremely friendly and chatty. There is no badness or malice in him at all.

Maybe if you were allowed have more fun as a child you wouldnt be uptight and quick to put others down now.:D

Maybe if you had had less fun as a child you would be able to live a proper life and not make up stories all the time :D

Maybe if you had had less fun as a child you would be able to live a proper life and not make up stories all the time :D

Would you like proof of that also?:)

I can do this all night :D

Would you like proof of that also?:)

I can do this all night :D

Wow! You have a word processing programme on your pc! That's quite amazing!

Look, you've tried to say I lied twice when I didnt. Ive proved you wrong twice now.

If you have a problem with me then ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭leinster_fan

grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Seriously, what's your problem?
    If you don't believe him, why not just stay out of it and stop ruining a funny thread.
    Why you think someone would bother to fake photos like that though I don't know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement