Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sixmilebridge 10k June 3rd - Be paced for 10k PB

• 28-04-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

If anyone in the mid west region is hoping to go for a 10k PB time this summer then please consider Bridge Milers Running Group's(in conjuction with the Bridge Complex) 10k event on Friday June 3rd at 7pm.

We will have pacers for sub 40/45/50/55/1HR .

The course is generally flat (not pancake but no curtailing hills !!)and has been accurately measured to approved AAI stanards - Mick Rice take a bow :)

Entry is 15 euros and incls BBQ food afterwards.

On the same night a FUN 5K will take place at the same place/time.

All proceeds raised will go to the Bridge Complex in Sixmilebridge.

Online Entry is available with RUNIRELAND.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Pity....I like the idea of a sub40 pacer, might have finally got under 40mins..but the cork city marathon is on the same weekend and need my energy........Best of luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

For those planning to take part .....if you have not registered on line yet please consider using RUN Ireland to enter the sixmilebridge 10k road race and 5k Fun run taking place on friday in warm sunshine !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Hi Running Coach,

I entered the 10k last night and was looking for some race info such as registration, parking, course map etc.

Do you have the info close to hand?

Thanks,
    Dev

dev123 wrote: »
    Hi Running Coach,

I entered the 10k last night and was looking for some race info such as registration, parking, course map etc.

Do you have the info close to hand?

Thanks,
    Dev

registration hq is in courthouse in Sixmilebridge Thursday night from 6 - 9pm and on Friday night reg hq will be located outstide creche (finishing area) up to 6.30 pm.
    Parking is recommended outstide main GAA pitch , Railway station carpark and outside Church ( all within 800 mtrs jog to start !!)
    Course map is displayed on bridge milers FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Bit far to go for a 10k for me as I'm based in Dublin, which is a pity cause it sounds like a good one,nice flat course and like the idea of the pacers.Haven't run a 10k that had pacers in it before and I think it would be an incentive to me to push myself a bit more. Hope it goes really well.

• Advertisement

registration hq is in courthouse in Sixmilebridge Thursday night from 6 - 9pm and on Friday night reg hq will be located outstide creche (finishing area) up to 6.30 pm.
    Parking is recommended outstide main GAA pitch , Railway station carpark and outside Church ( all within 800 mtrs jog to start !!)
    Course map is displayed on bridge milers FB page.
    Thanks RC.

For those traveling for the race tonight be aware registration desks close at 6.30pm sharp.

Please arrive no later than 6pm to ensure your entry gets processed in time.

Best of luck to All who plan to take part !!!

Hi Runningcoach,

Thanks for the great pacing job yesterday.

I drifted back from you in the second half but managed to pick it it up near the end and finished in 50:45 by my reckoning. As this was my first 10k I'm delighted and it gives me a bit of confidence for try to break 50 the next time I'm out.

Well done to all involved in organisation. It was a great idea to separate the runners at the start into their pace groups. It made for a very smooth start.

The course was great. No real hills of any description and the 3 water stations were a blessing with the heat up around the 25degC mark.

The only downside was having to stop at the first water station to get a cup. Being part of a pace group we all arrived at the same time so I can understand the demand outstripped supply. I'm sure this would be easily rectified.

All in all, I am glad I went out yesterday and I will definitely be back for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Well Done on last night lads.

The start was super and so simple to do it made a huge difference separating the entrants like yeah did.
    Water stations spot on and needed. The route was very well marshalled and every effort was made to ensure the safety of the participants.

Great grub afterwards pity about the queue but good grub is always worth the wait.

I didn't make my sub 45 but given the heat a lot of people struggled. The course is a good pb course if we got a normal Irish summer's evening, so I will return again for another crack at it.

I hope the pacers recovered after their excretions yesterday they had a tough job to do last night and they gave it everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

it was my first race ever and the heat made it tough, tried to keep up with the sub 55 pacer but struggled, BUT delighted with a 55m 55s finish, will be back next year if its on great time had by all it seems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Did this race yesterday too, tried to break the 50 min, kept with the pacer till half way but the heat got the better of me and dropped back. Well done to all involved. Very well organised event.

Thanks to all for your feedback.
    We were so happy with the turnout between the 10k and 5k events (just under 500 entrants on the night).
    And of course it will be back on next year :)

Advertisement