Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Dilemma !!!

• 28-04-2011 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

In september i want to do Science/genetics
    My first choice on CAO list is UCD science omnibus ->genetics
    But what to put on the second place ?
    I have 2 choices :
    1. DCU - genetics + cell biology
    or
    2. UCC - genetics

Have you any idea which university is better ? Which sicience program is better ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

szybki wrote: »
    In september i want to do Science/genetics
    My first choice on CAO list is UCD science omnibus ->genetics
    But what to put on the second place ?
    I have 2 choices :
    1. DCU - genetics + cell biology
    or
    2. UCC - genetics

Have you any idea which university is better ? Which sicience program is better ?

lol thats my 1st choice too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If DCU or UCC do omnibus science, put those down, rather than just genetics. When I first went into science I was doing it to become a science teacher but now I want to become a research scientist. If I had put down Science teacher in DCU, I would have been fecked...

If they don't have omnibus science, I was recommend looking at the college as a whole. What do you like to do? Is there a club for that? Where would I rather live etc

Also, if you get into science, the first two years are rather dull and it only in third year when you start doing the real sexy genetics stuff. Or that is the way in UCD at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

I preffer dublin but im not sure what i would like to do in future. probably research....work in labloatory....or be a lector on university...
    but what is the standard of science education in these 2 colleges ? is dcu better than ucc ?

brownlad wrote: »
    lol thats my 1st choice too:D

I thought there is not a lot of people who like genetics :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

UCC :D i think thats my 4th/5th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

I thought there is not a lot of people who like genetics :D:D:D

oh i mean science in ucd but physiology is what i want to do:D

but what is the standard of science education in these 2 colleges ? is dcu better than ucc ?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, one which the top universities don't want you to know.

It is all the same

TCD doesn't have some secret show DNA that UCD has, they all teach the same thing. So what is the fuss about, it comes down to history and whom has been around the longest....

TCD is better because is has been around the longest, UCD is not as good as TCD (even though in huge numbers of subjects it out ranks TCD) because is has only been around for 150 odd years...

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, one which the top universities don't want you to know.

It is all the same

TCD doesn't have some secret show DNA that UCD has, they all teach the same thing. So what is the fuss about, it comes down to history and whom has been around the longest....

TCD is better because is has been around the longest, UCD is not as good as TCD (even though in huge numbers of subjects it out ranks TCD) because is has only been around for 150 odd years...

yeee i know this ... but some universities have better facilities and lectors. now which unversity is better dcu vs. ucc i can't found any usefull info cuz all of them are saying that they are the best

It point is, that it doesn't matter. What people are looking for when you go for an interview is a good grade in your degree, *regardless* of where you went and your extra curricular activities.

I know people going to DCU and ITs who got really prestigious awards over those in TCD.

The university means nothing, the student everything...

Advertisement