Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stuck on widows loading screen

• 28-04-2011 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

when i start up comp it gets stuck on the load up screen and doesnt go any further. what can i do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Restart the PC, and keep pressing F8 during the POST screen. You should get a list of options to choose from. Pick safe mode. Once in safe mode it will ask you if you want to use safe mode. Select No and it will bring you to the System Restore screen. On the calendar pick the day before this problem occurred.

If it doesn't work, post more information about your computer. OS, what you last did with it before the problem, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

yeah when i click safe mode it freezes when it saying loading window files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

partyndbs wrote: »
    yeah when i click safe mode it freezes when it saying loading window files.

Do you have a windows rescue cd?

Put it in and boot, you may need to change the priority of boot but it should come up automatically to "press any key to boot from cd".

Do that and then press R to Repair.

When you see a black screen with C:\windows and a flashing cursor type the following:

chkdsk /r (then press enter and let that run).

You might need to run the fixboot and/or fixmbr commands, but just let the checkdisk run and see what it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

i just unplugged the comp and then turned it on and worked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

partyndbs wrote: »
    i just unplugged the comp and then turned it on and worked :)

Ah the ol' "Turn it off and back on again" trick. I'd back up your files on it just in case there is an underlying problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement